Folder List by Renderer

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Folder List by Renderer

Postby Scyimon » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:05 am

Hello,
I looked and besides the IP address for access I couldn't find anything that would allow me to limit specific systems from having access to specific folders. I live in a house with roommates and have numerous videos on my server. Some are family videos that I only want to have access to. Some of my videos/pictures are quite private and I would like to keep them that way.

Also it would allow parents a bit more control over what children could access rather than having to enter the passcode all the time. Just set up their systems with basic folder access and have a main system in the family/living room that has access to all or similar.

I was thinking that maybe adding the option to set up a folder list for each one would be great. Would most likely have to have static IPs on your network to have it work long term but a default access setting would be great as well. Maybe a login system would work better, but that might be a bit out of the depth of the original purpose of the software and more in line with an actual server.
Scyimon

Re: Folder List by Renderer

Postby SharkHunter » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:34 pm

I added a solution to this to SHB26. Look here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10854
SharkHunter

Return to Feature Suggestions