Control with Computer?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Control with Computer?

Postby taconaut » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 pm

A bit off topic, but as I'm fully happy with my setup, I thought I'd share. I'm not using the ps3 at all for audio playback, but have some squeezeboxes around the flat. They can be controlled through a web interface and apps for android and iStuff (I'm using iPeng). With the help of MusicIP Mixer, I can select a song to generate a mix with similar songs with about 5 clicks.
AFAIK it's not possible to do what you want with the ps3.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Vexir » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm on a Mac so WMP isn't really an option. Has anyone tried the application above? It looks like it hasn't been touched by the developer since last year.
Vexir

Postby Val Killmore » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:03 pm

taconaut wrote:A bit off topic, but as I'm fully happy with my setup, I thought I'd share. I'm not using the ps3 at all for audio playback, but have some squeezeboxes around the flat. They can be controlled through a web interface and apps for android and iStuff (I'm using iPeng). With the help of MusicIP Mixer, I can select a song to generate a mix with similar songs with about 5 clicks.
AFAIK it's not possible to do what you want with the ps3.

LOL. More on topic than where I took it.... :)

Great links !!!! and thanks for the ideas. :) I am always trying out new things.

Let's go a little more off topic then........ :P

Just discovered AudioGalaxy for my Android. Why I never found it before, I have no idea. Freakin' love it. Real time streaming to my Android, of my complete music collection, either on a wifi or a data network. Flawless streaming, so far. SUPPORTS flac audio......amazing, amazing app.

Also discovered iMediaShare. I use this for all my web streaming to my PS3 from my Android phone, completely bypassing PMS. It links to MANY wicked web streaming sites, from RevisionHD, to CBS News, to TedTV, to YouTube, to MotorzHD, VIMEO and your Picasa site, and NUMEROUS others. It sets up a server, automatically, that your PS3 or Xbox 360 can connect to, and on top of the perfect plug n play web streaming, allows super simple copy across of PS3 compatible files that reside on your phone. Freakin love this app to as it eliminates copying to the PC, then across to the PS3. Or using USB thumb drives. Simply turn on iMediaShare, watch the server icon pop up on the XMB, and take your pick of viewing/copying files to the PS3, or web streaming...........FREAKING DEADLY PHONE APP !!!!!!!

I could go off for hours with the various apps I have found for my phone, but those are among the best ones I use so far (and VLC Direct PRO, and Doublou WiFi Explorer PRO......) OK I am done. :D

Back on track............but if anyone wants to chat about Android stuff, hit me up VIA PM.....not in the threads, I already pushed the 'off topic' button too many times. I would love to hear others ideas, or throw out my own.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby Vexir » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:18 pm

So much Android... and I have an iPhone :P
Vexir

Postby Val Killmore » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Vexir wrote:So much Android... and I have an iPhone :P

Too bad for you then................ :P :twisted:

I should clarify then. Both those programs I mentioned and linked should work on either phone. Not sure about BlackBerry, or even how the BlackBerry 'system' works.

The other ones I didn't link, I am not too sure about.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Previous

Return to General Discussion