Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby Hyde » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:10 am

Okay, now on build 1.40.0-SB45 and the same thing happens. What can I test next please?
Sony Bravia KDL-40Z5800
PS3 Slim 250GB & PMS 1.72.0
Tranquil WHS (Intel Atom 230 / 1.60GHz / 1GB RAM)
Hyde

Postby SubJunk » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Then it is most likely a bug specific to my build. Does it work with the official build?
SubJunk

Postby Hyde » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Sony Bravia KDL-40Z5800
Hyde

Postby SubJunk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:23 am

Yes, the latest official builds can always be downloaded from the front page
SubJunk

Postby dtsexpert » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:44 am

I am having a bit problem with Sony EX620/720 LED. PS3 is set up to get live web streaming, it works fine.
But when stopping and replay the same channel, the Sony TV is try to seek for last position of the file it plays. Since this is a web stream, it can't find the last position.
Sometimes replaying the same channel work, some time it does not. Switching to different channel then switch back still does not fix. the TV still seeks for last play position.
I have not changed anything in Bravia.conf. Is there any line I should change to fix this? Or any line I should add?
I also have a Network Media Play Popcorn Hour A-110, it works just fine. Stop the replay the channel works fine, it does not have this problem.
Your help is appreciated.
thanks,
dtsexpert

Postby Hyde » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:43 pm

SubJunk wrote:Then it is most likely a bug specific to my build. Does it work with the official build?
Yup, no subtitle problem with build 1.30.1, sorry.
Sony Bravia KDL-40Z5800
Hyde

Postby dtsexpert » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:41 pm

dtsexpert wrote:I am having a bit problem with Sony EX620/720 LED. PS3 is set up to get live web streaming, it works fine.
But when stopping and replay the same channel, the Sony TV is try to seek for last position of the file it plays. Since this is a web stream, it can't find the last position.
Sometimes replaying the same channel work, some time it does not. Switching to different channel then switch back still does not fix. the TV still seeks for last play position.
I have not changed anything in Bravia.conf. Is there any line I should change to fix this? Or any line I should add?
I also have a Network Media Play Popcorn Hour A-110, it works just fine. Stop the replay the channel works fine, it does not have this problem.
thanks,

would anyone have suggestion for this
thanks
dtsexpert

Postby Elite21 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Hello everyone, newb here. Is it just me or is there no security feature in PMS? I am picking up popcorn hour along with my PS3. Popcornhour belongs to one of my neighbors. Since there is no password required for connection, is it correct that anyone can view the contents of my computer on their ps3 and popcorn hour? Basically I am trying to figure out how to exclude the popcorn hour and only allow my PS3 to have access to my media content. Thanks.
Elite21

Postby mazey » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:49 am

Elite21 wrote:Hello everyone, newb here. Is it just me or is there no security feature in PMS? I am picking up popcorn hour along with my PS3. Popcornhour belongs to one of my neighbors. Since there is no password required for connection, is it correct that anyone can view the contents of my computer on their ps3 and popcorn hour? Basically I am trying to figure out how to exclude the popcorn hour and only allow my PS3 to have access to my media content. Thanks.

General Configuration: use a IP Filter, just put there IP in there.
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Postby dtsexpert » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:32 am

dtsexpert wrote:
dtsexpert wrote:I am having a bit problem with Sony EX620/720 LED. PS3 is set up to get live web streaming, it works fine.
thanks,

would anyone have suggestion for this
thanks

still seeking for advice. please help if you know the answer. i think it's related to the resume option in Bravia. any chance we can disable this?
dtsexpert

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers