Worked out how to fully uninstall PS3 Media Server

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Worked out how to fully uninstall PS3 Media Server

Postby msabell » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:25 am

Hi guys, in mucking around with PS3 MS and the current problems I'm having (PS3 MS suddenly won't find or connect to PS3 after months of success), I worked out how to get rid of all traces of PS3 MS!!

Well at least I think so ...

The directories you have to delete (after uninstalling PS3 MS via Control Panel) are:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server
- C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\ps3mediaserver

Just to let you know :)
msabell

Re: Worked out how to fully uninstall PS3 Media Server

Postby msabell » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:26 am

Oh and this one: C:\ProgramData\PMS (sorry I missed it when I was creating the thread)
msabell

Postby WebMaximus » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:01 pm

One thing I would like to know is how to uninstall the PS3 Media Server service if you decided to install that one, anyone who knows other than manually deleting the service via regedit?
WebMaximus

Postby WebMaximus » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:34 pm

Just found an answer to my own question...open an elevated command prompt and type sc delete "PS3 Media Server"

Gone!
WebMaximus

Postby taconaut » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:43 pm

If I remember correctly clicking 'Install as a windows service' toggles the service installation; thus it will add it if it isn't registered or remove it if it is already registered.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby msabell » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:25 am

I've never had any success in installing PS3 MS as a Windows service. I use Windows 7 and just clicking the button to install as service never works for me. I've researched it and found the way to do it, but even then it didn't work. PS3 (sorry to say) has been really buggy and problematic for me since installing it.

I think on top of the directories I listed above to delete after uninstalling it from control panel, you also have to search the registry for entries but there don't seem to be too many.
msabell

Postby Val Killmore » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:49 am

taconaut wrote:If I remember correctly clicking 'Install as a windows service' toggles the service installation; thus it will add it if it isn't registered or remove it if it is already registered.

Interesting......never tried that. I always just use the sc delete "PS3 Media Server" command.

Cool. Will try it next time. :)
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby sloth1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 am

msabell wrote:... current problems I'm having (PS3 MS suddenly won't find or connect to PS3 after months of success)...

Did you ever figure out what happened or get it working again.

Mine just quit after over a year of just working out of the box and I'm having a frustratingly fun time trying to get it working again...
sloth1234

Return to General Help and Support