iPhone / iPad Streaming

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Re: iPhone / iPad Streaming

Postby paulmadejong » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:00 am

I'm trying to watch 720p tvshows so that's not the issue. I think the resolution it is transcoded too is too high or my devices. I dint have a profile or my iOS devices so could that cause my issues? Any one having a good profile for these devices?
paulmadejong

Postby macpac » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:40 am

I have been using a paid StreamToMe app however sadly I have to also run the "ServeToMe" (http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/servetome.html as they seem to be a pair.

A nice feature is that you can set what resolution it streams to the ipad/iphone.
On the small bit of reading I have done it seems to stream a transcoded feed.

I still havent found a very good DLNA app that works with the ps3 media server
macpac

Postby Lazykyosuke » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:28 pm

I found that 8 player picks up the ps3 media server and works well. But I also have a hacked Mybookworld 2 to which 8 player automatically found on iPad, not so much on iPod and iPhone but you can manually add them.

Surprisingly the best streamer I found were Zumocast (mac) and Orb. Zumocast for windows converts the videos while playing them which causes delay where Zumocast for Mac plays every type of file. Orb is great for far away streaming You can watch your access your files on anything that connects to the web even worked on my old hacked sidekick.

But that's just my opinion
Lazykyosuke

Postby qbik » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:49 am

I just try GoodPlayer one app for iPad and iPhone and it works great with PS3MediaServer with subtitles in txt too
qbik

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:58 pm

It shouldn't be necessary to install different servers. Apps can do a pretty good job playing media straight from PMS as well these days.
See the iPad and iPhone thread.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby DeFlanko » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:10 am

Raptor399 wrote:It shouldn't be necessary to install different servers. Apps can do a pretty good job playing media straight from PMS as well these days.
See the iPad and iPhone thread.

Hey bro you should lock this thread lol
Developed a few CONF files...
DeFlanko

Previous

Return to Feature Suggestions