new dev question

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

new dev question

Postby bendjava » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:19 pm

I've been using PS3 media server and finally want to help out...

I'm not a expert java dev but a fast learner and would like to know if there's any dev info like a framework/architecture, reference info, etc. Having used android sdk and created personal apps it would help me and i'm sure most other devs if there were general guidelines, frameworks, etc to follow besides just submitting patches.

apologize if there's a link but went thru this board/thread and couldn't find it...

-r
bendjava

Re: new dev question

Postby taconaut » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:45 pm

You don't need to apologize, there's nothing around ;) Basically, shagrath coded the biggest part by himself and some of us jumped onto the moving train. If you've got some precise questions there'll probably be someone around who can help you out; for the rest you'll have to dive in.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Plugin dev help

Postby quigonquinn » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:48 am

I'm also new to the PMS community and was wondering where I could find information to create my own plugin? I'm really trying to find out how to request and get the files through the server. I've been digging through the files and am simply stuck. Any pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.
quigonquinn

Re: Plugin dev help

Postby taconaut » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:14 am

For plugin development you've got some descriptions in the forum AdditionalFolderAtRoot StartStopListener

You have to respect a few rules:
  • Have a text file named 'plugin' containing the package+class where your implementation of the plugin interface can be found. It has to be in the base of your jar
  • You have to implement an interface from the package net.pms.external
  • After having built the plugin jar it has to be copied to the pms plugins directory
If you want an example with a working ant script for packaging the plugins, I've got two (which are only working with pms-mlx, but that shouldn't really matter) with PlayCountWatcherPlugin and WebservicePlugin
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Re: Plugin dev help

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:06 pm

quigonquinn wrote:I'm also new to the PMS community and was wondering where I could find information to create my own plugin?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11286
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to Developers