Finally got rid of the stuttering/ "lag"

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Finally got rid of the stuttering/ "lag"

Postby hik » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:56 am

After soo much trouble i found out what my problem was to the shuttering.. tried every version.. different switches and so on..

Under configure on your network adapter, etc: "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" then go to advanced, there is one called "Green Ethernet" that was Enabled.... DISABLE IT! ... everything is running smooth now..

Just wanted to share.......

Just for info:

CPU: 2500k - 3.9 Ghz
ram: 8gig DDR 3 -1600 Mhz
Ethernet: 1Gbps (so is the switch and so on)
Gfx: 5850HD
HDD: 2TB raid...
Newest Java.
PS3 MS Subjunk 1.31.0-SB38
hik

Re: Finally got rid of the stuttering/ "lag"

Postby -m- » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:03 am

i'm still working on just how to have a wired connection through my nic card. good to know though.
-m-

Postby rakgitarmen » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:34 pm

This fixed my problem of "Go To" function not working. Great find!
rakgitarmen

Postby Bayonetta » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:50 pm

I may have to try this because I tried every single setting configuration I could do and nothing helped at all. I had stuttering and AV sync issues on anime mkvs and finally decided to try TVersity and to my surprise works "out of the box".
Bayonetta

Postby Val Killmore » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Nice find ! I have never really had stuttering issues........ever (other than low buffer).....but low and behold, I don't have anything like that on my adapter.

I think this might solve 'unsolved stuttering' for some people that have tried all the suggestions in the tutorial, but haven't found a solution yet.

Bayonetta wrote:I may have to try this because I tried every single setting configuration I could do and nothing helped at all. I had stuttering and AV sync issues on anime mkvs and finally decided to try TVersity and to my surprise works "out of the box".

I'm kinda shocked too, that you got MKV to work immediately with Tversity. They must have improved things since I used it last.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby Bayonetta » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Val Killmore wrote:Nice find ! I have never really had stuttering issues........ever (other than low buffer).....but low and behold, I don't have anything like that on my adapter.

I think this might solve 'unsolved stuttering' for some people that have tried all the suggestions in the tutorial, but haven't found a solution yet.

Bayonetta wrote:I may have to try this because I tried every single setting configuration I could do and nothing helped at all. I had stuttering and AV sync issues on anime mkvs and finally decided to try TVersity and to my surprise works "out of the box".

I'm kinda shocked too, that you got MKV to work immediately with Tversity. They must have improved things since I used it last.

Yeah, I guess they did because I've used it in the past as well and the results were worse than PS3 Media Server. But so far it has played all my anime I've thrown at it including avi, mkv, and mp4.

Just an FYI - Specs:
Vista 32-bit
Quad core Q9300 2.5ghz
4GB RAM
750GB HDD
ATi Radeon HD 3870
Wireless Internet 21.19Mbps down/3.36Mbps Up
CCCP with default video/audio decoders.

On topic: I do not have the option on my Ethernet card either, plus I'm using wireless. So, I'm still clueless as to why PS3 Media Server is so damn stuttery. I have spent hours and tried every video engine, every setting you could possibly do, nothing helps. I would like to get it working right as it plays ISOs, any suggestions?
Bayonetta

Return to General Help and Support