New features (r750)

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: New features (r750)

Postby infidel » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi pixelfougb, both r750 patches (Exsport's and mine) are attached up above in this thread and should work on the current svn. What is your build error?
infidel

Postby Coltaine79 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Greetings,

If I'm not mistaken, the features described in this thread were committed to the main trunk (?) so they in all builds now - including SubJunk's - is that correct?

If so, I wanted to find out why I couldn't get forced subtitles to work with my MKV file.

I will provide a MediaInfo dump / PS3MS config dump shortly, but in the meanwhile here is the summary:

File: MKV container with h264 video, dts audio, and a single embedded UTF-8 text stream (SRT).
When the MKV was muxed in MKVMerge 4.9.1, the text stream had default=yes and forced=yes specified.

PS3MS SubJunk build 42 is used. TsMuxer is disabled. Mencoder has the "subtitles settings" section set up so that it matches exactly ExSport's screenshot from Jul 22.

However... the english forced subtitles do not come up automatically when the file is played. Any thoughts?
Coltaine79

Postby ExSport » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 pm

It is in latest SubJunk build but not in official one for now.
Anyway it doesn't work as you described.
Please check this FAQ:
http://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/wiki/FAQ
The logic is described here but it is little bit outdated because new patch included some settings in GUI so not needed to be done manually in config files.
But I think you will understand the logic.
Also you promised to post MediaInfo output where we can see how you tagged subtitle tracks(if it is correct) or are your subs external? All your questions should answer this FAQ link.
ExSport

Postby Coltaine79 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks for the quick response ExSport. Yes, after studying your FAQ I was able to figure out how to get it to work. And it works!
Thanks very much.

The only change I made (from my posted scenario) is I remuxxed the MKV again, this time I added a "track name" to the subtitle track.
I named it "forced". Presto, MKV works with forced subtitle track, no need to manually select it in Transcode folder!

Here's the thing though; since MKV container includes support for "forced" track via certain flags (as I'm sure you have noticed in MKVMerge) are there any plans for PS3MS to support those flags?
Coltaine79

Previous

Return to Developers