CCML Plugin (Updated 2012-05-20)

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: CCML Plugin

Postby odub303 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Just wanted to see if this was still being worked on, as IMHO this is the only feature that is missing in PMS. By no means am I trying to push the developer to do work, I am just curious where this project stands. Thanks!
odub303

Postby jdknight » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:28 am

Plan to do some work in August. House renovations delaying fun computer stuff. :(
jdknight

Postby odub303 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Man, I hear that. My wife is in "nesting mode" as she is due with our first baby in December, which basically means whenever she feels like cleaning or rearranging, I have to drop whatever I'm doing unless I feel like getting into a fight lol. Looking forward to it, thanks!
odub303

Postby squadjot » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:23 am

Hi, First, very interested in a plugin like this.
With .meta files you will have the control instead of depending on some flaky internet service.

Meta File Creator
I created a script that can create almost any structure required by such a plugin.

DOWNLOAD: https://sites.google.com/site/moviemetacreator/ (Sorry windows only)
It uses Sublight, and cURL commandline tools, the rest is just window script.

Edit2: I'll optimize/update the script regulary

Usage:
To test it out, simply expand the rar to somewhere, and drop a videofile onto the CreateMetaFile.bat

Important: The script checks if the file is a "known" file via the internet (Using Sublight here),
if it's not a known file, the script will search google based upon the parsing the filename (and foldername if the script finds it relevant).
Google search will return a imdb page that will get parsed and outputted to a <moviename>.meta -file.

Tip: Put a shortcut of the bat files into the SendTo menu,
then you can just right-click on one or more videofiles and then select the shortcut via SendTo to launch the process.

Edit: I also inclucded a batfile that will download imdb poster thumb, aswell. (same procedure)

Feedback are very welcome.
squadjot

Postby taconaut » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 am

As we're working towards the same goal, I just wanted to make sure you were aware pms-mlx existed :)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby squadjot » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:53 pm

taconaut wrote:As we're working towards the same goal, I just wanted to make sure you were aware pms-mlx existed :)

Apreciate the effort, but i find it way to messy.. - it does not sort files the way i prefer (ie. year), - you can not manually add/correct moves that tmbd/orwhatever does not reckoqnize..etc.

The approach with having a "controller" file, the meta file, is exaclty what i've been looking for.
squadjot

Postby taconaut » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:13 am

Fair enough, I didn't intend to 'convert' people using this plugin, it's good work.I'm aware their are still many features missing in mlx, but you can sort by year. If you've got ideas how to make it less messy, I'd be glad to hear them. Sorry for the thread-jacking, I'll stop now.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby myle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 am

When I Install you plug CCML_v1.jar

in the root dir of the Media server my folder are listed twice
And you plugin is the only one I have running

I use the the DownloadPoster.bat that Is So cool great job
myle

Postby cmconner156 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Great work!! This is the one thing that has really prevented me from just using PS3 Media Server! Does anyone know if this works with 1.31.0? I just upgraded before I found out about this plugin. Unfortunately it's not working for me and I'm curious if it's me or an incompatibility.

Thanks!
cmconner156

Postby jdknight » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:23 am

Hey guys, made another update - CCMLv2.

New features include support for folder meta files (for example, classifying an entire folder of shows in a category) and support for master categories (for example, classifying genre sets for movies and genre sets for shows).

Sorry, there has been no updates related to parsing from other existing files or from external sources. I feel (even if it is just me) that querying for content is outside the scope of this plugin. Scripts like squadjot's is great for those who wish a more automated approach to categorizing their existing media. If anyone is looking for a more automatic media library, pms-mlx might be a better bet.

Quickly tested in 1.40, although I am still using it in 1.25.1 as I am having video streaming issues in the current version (non-plugin related). Will post an update for 1.50 when it is released.

Sorry to say ~ it requires Java 7 to run. :( (If this effects many, I could take the time in making changes back to 1.6, if it is so desired).
jdknight

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins