DTS in OS X Version

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: DTS in OS X Version

Postby Redlum » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Gigabit wrote:This is great i can now remove windows from my mac :)

Faye Were did you find PMS.conf?

Cant seem to find it any were with spotlight

See my post about the debug.log in this forum, it's in the same location. You can also change this in the GUI though, no need to edit the conf file.
Redlum
Project Member

Postby Redlum » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Ok, this new build should have the automatic checking enabled.

http://files.exonet.nl/ps3/pms-beta-r316.zip
Redlum
Project Member

Postby Peter.Simpson909 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:14 am

Thanks so much for this!! :D
Peter.Simpson909

Postby Faye » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm sorry for not explaining where to find it, you have to do show application contents on the application (right/ctrl click) to do it in finder or it's in /Applications/PS3\ Media\ Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/ which is kind of the default 'current directory' for OS X Java Apps.  

I have noticed a quirk or two though. I'm not sure if it appears in other versions, as I've only tried the OSX version. When you approach the end of a tsMuxeR file, the playback becomes jittery and starts replaying old clips from earlier, rather than just ending as expected. I think it's seeking further and further back in the file (due to -ve arguments to seek_set?) buffer usage goes negative too.

Also rewind doesn't work very well in general, and fast forward is not as good as when using mencoder. The benefit of virtually 0 cpu load is well worth the loss of seek functionality tho!

Faye
Faye

Postby shagrath » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:10 pm

I myself rarely use the fast forward feature, but the seek in time one is working well
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Gigabit » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:37 pm

I don't forward or back up much either just as long as the pause button works so when getting up to get onther beer you can start were you left off :lol:
Gigabit

Postby Faye » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:44 pm

OK, seek I don't mind too much, as I said it's liveable with. The bigger problem is that the buffer doesn't drain properly at the end of the program when coming to the end and so you miss the last seconds of the program and playback doesnt stop at the end. I managed to confirm DTS working today. The PS3 thought it was playing a Stereo PCM source at 1.5Mbit but the amp recognised it as DTS. Very impressive.

I'm sure it's a relatively simple fix (compared to the work done so far!)

Thanks

Faye
Faye

Postby coupe96 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:55 am

will there be any final build soon inlcuding the dts fix for mac os?
coupe96

Postby Redlum » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:17 pm

Probably not, just use the beta build I posted earlier if you need those features now.
Redlum
Project Member

Postby mutelight » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Oh wow, that latest beta build is absolutely superb! Thank you so much! It is interesting how it reads 2CH LPCM on the display but it seems as though it forces the PS3 to bitstream the DTS stream to my receiver. I have my PS3 set to LPCM since I have a HDMI receiver so typically the PS3 handles the decoding but this works flawlessly. 8-)
.ht system....................................................................................................................photo gallery.
mutelight

PreviousNext

Return to Mac OS X Support