Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby mirio » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:07 pm

THX, man. I`ll give it a try tonight. Is this config already set in your PMS build ( http://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/ ) ?

BTW Aren`t you from Czech republic? :-)
mirio

Postby ExSport » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:41 am

mirio wrote:THX, man. I`ll give it a try tonight. Is this config already set in your PMS build ( http://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/ ) ?

Yes.
BTW Aren`t you from Czech republic? :-)

Yes 8-)
ExSport

Postby mirio » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Well, gave it a try (fastforwarding), but still no good. Even while avoiding last two "speeds". It fastforwards for some time, then skips back to the beginning... Is there any other way of fastforwarding? Something like "Jump to xx:xx:xx"?

Jo a zdravím tě, tvůj build je pro Panasonic jednoznačně nejlepší volba ze všech media serverů, co znám. ;)
mirio

Postby ExSport » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Diky 8-)
It works for me(two different PanaTVs) when I don't use last 2 ffwd.
For feature similar to GOTO, enable Chapters in PMS and set chapter length in minutes ;)
ExSport

Postby mirio » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks, will give it a try, again. :-)

BTW I`m guessing, you`re using Panasonic TVs too, do you have some kind of "recomennded settings" posted somewhere? That would be so cool... :-)
mirio

Postby mirio » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 pm

And one more question - how do you use "chapters" function? I can`t find it anywhere...
mirio

Postby Rowie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:50 am

Hey guys trying to get PMS to work with a Bravia CX52. Using the latest subjunk build on windows 7.

PMS detects the tv as an unknown renderer, i can see files on the TV, but playback is not supported.

I assume it is an issue with the conf files but i can find anything on here about the CX series Bravias.
Rowie

Postby Raptor399 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 am

Rowie wrote:Hey guys trying to get PMS to work with a Bravia CX52. Using the latest subjunk build on windows 7.

PMS detects the tv as an unknown renderer, i can see files on the TV, but playback is not supported.

I assume it is an issue with the conf files but i can find anything on here about the CX series Bravias.

You assume correct. If your Bravia is detected as unknown renderer, it means none of the .conf files managed to match the incoming requests.
Looking at the "Bravia4500.conf" and "Bravia5500.conf", the TVs are detected by examining the additional headers:

Code: Select all
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+5[0-9]{3})|(BRAVIA KDL.+WE5)|(BRAVIA KDL-[0-9]{2}XBR9)

The trick is to find out what header information your TV is sending and then add that tot the UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch.
To see (a lot!) more information from PMS, you can set the debug level to "TRACE" in "logback.xml". Restart PMS, connect your TV and scan the trace logs for "X-AV-Client-Info" to find the information you need.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby sirjme » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:25 pm

I am using PMS with LG Smart TV LW5500. I have created a renderer profile for it. But there is one problem - I cant get it to stream MKV files without transcoding if those mkv files contain embedded subtitles. All MKV files without subtitles and with supported video/audio streams are streaming correctly as MKV stream (no transcoding and no remuxing as TV natively supports MKV). I am trying to do this using MediaInfo=true and not StreamExtensions=mkv because TV does not support DTS. Any ideas?

Code: Select all
# LG SMART TV
RendererName=LG SMART TV
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=LGE_DLNA_SDK
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
DLNALocalizationRequired=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=1920
MaxVideoHeight=1080
H264Level41Limited=true
TranscodeAudioTo441kHz=false
TranscodeFastStart=false
TranscodedVideoFileSize=0
AutoExifRotate=true

MediaInfo=true

# [Supported video formats]:
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts|mkv v:mpeg1|mpeg2|mp4|h264 a:ac3|lpcm|aac|mpa m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/x-divx qpel:no gmc:0
Supported = f:mp4 v:mp4|h264 a:ac3|aac m:video/mp4
Supported = f:wmv v:wmv|vc1 a:wma n:2 m:video/x-ms-wmv

# [Supported audio formats]:
Supported = f:wav n:2 s:48000 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:mp3 n:2 m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:aac n:2 a:(?!alac).+ m:audio/x-m4a
Supported = f:wma n:2 m:audio/x-ms-wma

# [Supported image formats]
Supported = f:jpg m:image/jpeg
sirjme

Postby SubJunk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Transcoding is always used when subtitles are used
SubJunk

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers