Aperture Support (ready for upload)

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Aperture Support (ready for upload)

Postby coax- » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Hello

I'm using Aperture for managing my pictures. I wanted to stream them to TV and PSMS didn't support this. In this Forum, I have read that there is currently no one working on aperture, so I have written the support for it by myself. ;) (Partly copied from the iPhoto support.) They use the same structure in the xml file. If you want, I can send you the patch, or check it into code.google.com (where I got the source code from).

Currently the support is "trivial": Only Albums are supported (included "intelligent" Albums), with the pictures of the last aperture run, and they will be in the correct Folder Tree, with preview image (if available). Works fine with XBMC (used for developing) and my Samsung TV. It will always list all available Aperture Libraries

In addition, I have created a new Samsung renderer, cause my TV is sending another User Agent (The TV model with SEC_HHP_TV will be send in the first request, nothing with wiselink anymore). I would like to add these too, cause maybe some samsung users will have the same problem.

You can contact me by mail or in this thread.

Regards

coax
coax-

Re: Aperture Support (ready for upload)

Postby Donut » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Why don't you just add your patch as a zip file here?

Regards

Donut
Donut

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Yep, just post the patch here and we will pick it up.
Thanks for your support!
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby coax- » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:59 pm

The current Patch

I have tried to create a translation for all countries, where iphoto have been supported before. I think the spelling is not "realy" incorrect, but I only speak german and english...

Good luck with the patch. If you have any questions or problems, want some changes or what ever, just contact me. Thanks.
Attachments
patch.zip
Patchfile for aperture support.
(5.36 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
coax-

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 am

Committed in r757 and r758.
Thanks again for your contribution!
Raptor399
Project Member

Return to Developers