Just like to say thank you!

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Just like to say thank you!

Postby ep_swat » Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm

I have been using this software since late 2008 in my families home. Since then I have canceled my cable TV and have ripped all my movies to my server in my home (over 1000 titles in all). I don't know who or how this got started but I just wanted to say thank you. I have seen and delt with some bugs along the way but hey, this thing is free and it has taught me a lot. I have currently created an app to use my Android Galaxy as a remote for the times when my server seems to slow down or the software crashes, I have found this to be a java thing, I think. Any who just wanted to say thanks.

Christopher Fields
Grantsville, Utah
ep_swat

Re: Just like to say thank you!

Postby Panchdara » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:21 pm

I'd like to contribute my thanks also! I just started to use PMS and am quite impressed: far better tham WMS!

Many, many thanks.
:P
Panchdara

Postby squadjot » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:53 pm

I'll join in aswell , BIG thanks to shagrath and all contributers making this the best DLNA server ever!
squadjot

PS3 Media Server

Postby Silizium » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 am

Great Software and works with Samsung TV's also. Thanks a lot!
Silizium

Thanks and Tell a Friend

Postby gkmackey58 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:23 pm

I have been searching for a stand-alone device as a media server all the while thinking it was ridiculous that a device as sophisticated as a PS3 was not capable of such functions. I cannot convey my appreciation enough. I will do this though. I definately plan to donate. I also plan to tell fellow PS3 owners by way of in-game chat and "friends" messages. I promise you that when I am a friend of a product, service or idea, I spread the word to anyone who'll listen. I will also encourage them to donate and not just use the technology. This PS3 Media Server is bad to the bone! Keep up the good work and bless you my technical wizards!
gkmackey58

Postby durian50 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:13 pm

its all good.... someone somewhere deserves beer and pizzas for this FREE sotware. yes donations are great, but the bottom line is this is for free, and once you get yer head round it, its brilliant.

so a big thanks from me too.
durian50

THANKS!!!

Postby geomonroe » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:49 am

Thank you so much;

As i am a slowly recovering Windows user i had to use the auto feature to install the server and as we speak i am importing my photos the whole process took less than an hour.
CHEERS!
George Monroe
geomonroe

Postby jgold » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:45 pm

I just created an account so now I can say thanks. I'm using PS3MediaServer on an Ubuntu box because I wanted to use the ZFS file system for my media library. Since the kid's already had PS3's I bought one for the bedroom just so we could watch movies. Now we can stream movies to any of the TVs. I haven't really used the PS3 for anything else but the kids play games on theirs.

PS3MediaServer looks like it took a whole lot of work. To give it away free means that it was a labor of love. It's a great piece of software. Thanks again!
jgold

Postby czarisyn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:31 pm

I want to add my Thank you to those who develop this wonderful piece of software.
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you...and Thank you.
czarisyn

Postby Val Killmore » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:16 pm

czarisyn wrote:I want to add my Thank you to those who develop this wonderful piece of software.
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you...and Thank you.

This post pretty much sums up my feelings. :D Great work guys.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Next

Return to General Discussion