DirecTV HR24

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

DirecTV HR24

Postby scooter » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:14 pm

I've scoured the forums for several hours to see if anyone had successfully gotten PSM to stream to DirecTV receivers, more particularly the HR24 DVRs. I came upon the thread at (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6237) and I pretty much have run into the same wall that they did. Seeing how that post was over a year ago, I figured I'd check in to see if there was anything different I could do in order to get it to work.

I created a custom directv.conf file which contains the following.

Code: Select all
RendererName=DirecTV
RendererIcon=wd-tv-live.png
UserAgentSearch=DIRECTV
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=LPCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=false
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=7
MaxVideoWidth=1920
MaxVideoHeight=1080

What I have determined is that any MPG files in PS format must use MP2 audio for the HR24 to recognize them. When I use a tool to convert the .mpg files to MP2 audio, they play perfectly. If the audio is in any other format, the video will work but the audio will not.

Has there been a fix for this kind of problem on any other renderers? I would love to be able to play my video collections on all of the TV's in my DirecTV Whole Home setup. My PS3 config is working great and I love the app.
scooter

Re: DirecTV HR24

Postby tomeko » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Try this first:
RendererName=DirecTV
RendererIcon=wd-tv-live.png
UserAgentSearch=DIRECTV
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=false
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=20
MaxVideoWidth=1920
MaxVideoHeight=1080
MediaInfo=true
Supported = f:mpegps   v:mpeg2mpa   m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mp3   m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:jpg   m:image/jpeg
tomeko
Project Member

Postby scooter » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:49 pm

When using these settings I click to start playing a video and the DirecTV box thinks for about 10 seconds and then returns to the Media Share menu. When I go to my computer the Transcoding buffer status has activity as if the video is being sent, but the DirecTV did not play it on the screen. I'm only able to stop the transcoding if I stop PSM.

Can you explain to me what the lines you added mean? MediaInfo=true and the Supported = f/m lines.

Thanks for the help.
scooter

Postby tomeko » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:37 pm

scooter wrote:When using these settings I click to start playing a video and the DirecTV box thinks for about 10 seconds and then returns to the Media Share menu. When I go to my computer the Transcoding buffer status has activity as if the video is being sent, but the DirecTV did not play it on the screen. I'm only able to stop the transcoding if I stop PSM.

Can you explain to me what the lines you added mean? MediaInfo=true and the Supported = f/m lines.

Thanks for the help.

My mistake!
change: Supported = f:mpegps v:mpeg2mpa m:video/mpeg with:
Supported = f:mpegps      v:mpeg2     a:mpa    m:video/mpeg

MediaInfo=true - better file recognition
Supported - format supported with renderer (You can add more, if renderer supports it).
tomeko
Project Member

Postby scooter » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Does setting the MediaInfo options force mencoder to send the data in those formats, or does it just tell PSM that only those media types are supported by the renderer? I'd like to be able to play mpegps formats that contain ac3 audio, but my renderer doesn't allow it. Is there a way to force mpegps with mp2 to render as ac3?

When making the fix you listed I still get no video or audio when I try to play something. It thinks for about 5 seconds and then goes back to the DirecTV menu. Meanwhile, the transcoding indicator in PSM appears to have data flow even after it fails to render on the DirecTV box. I'm only able to stop the transcoding by killing PSM.

Thanks for the help.
scooter

Postby tomeko » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:07 pm

add option:
TranscodeFastStart=true

to your renderer conf file
tomeko
Project Member

Return to Alternative Media Renderers