Video stops every 5 seconds on EVERY media server

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Video stops every 5 seconds on EVERY media server

Postby capitaltpt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:55 am

ExSport wrote:Maybe problem is not your motherboard but drivers which came with it.
Try update your network drivers with new ones if it will not fix your problems.
In most cases problems lies on drivers or its misconfiguration.

They ARE the newest drivers. Realtek RTL8111E LAN Driver V7.43.321.2011 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit

I searched around, especially on Realtek's site and these are the newest ones for Windows 7.
capitaltpt

Postby Devvie83 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:54 pm

There are no new ones at present time, as the motherboard in question is fairly new on the market. I'll update as soon as a new version is present, but I'll keep the workaround at the time being as long it works. :)
Devvie83

Postby capitaltpt » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:31 am

So after doing an RMA on my board, I received my replacement and tried it out and it had the same problem. I applied Devvie's fix and it worked. Have no idea why Jumbo Frame has to be enabled and set to 9kb, but it works. Video starts instantly. Thanks!
capitaltpt

Postby jamesmca » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:39 am

Devvie83 wrote:Right, I think I solved the problem.

In your device manager, open up the configuration for the ethernet adapter and click the alternative called: JUMBO-something (norwegian OS, so not sure what to call it exactly). It's set to deactivated as standard.
I set that one to 9kb MTU and I set the PS3 to use 1500 MTU (although I'm not sure changing it on the PS3 was needed).

Now videos are running straight away and seem to go smoothly :)

Thank you so much!!!! I have this same motherboard and had the same issue and this took care of it! i reinstall codecs, java, vlc, pms. I couldnt figure it out at all until i tried this!! :D
jamesmca

Postby roflcoptersaurusrex » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:48 pm

I'd also like to confirm this works. Was about to go mad until I found this. Just built a new comp and had video stutter. Jumbo Frame settings do work. My motherboard is a ASrock Extreme3 Z68 board. No need to change any other settings. Thanks.
roflcoptersaurusrex

Postby melosense » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:16 am

Devvie83 wrote:Right, I think I solved the problem.

In your device manager, open up the configuration for the ethernet adapter and click the alternative called: JUMBO-something (norwegian OS, so not sure what to call it exactly). It's set to deactivated as standard.
I set that one to 9kb MTU and I set the PS3 to use 1500 MTU (although I'm not sure changing it on the PS3 was needed).

Now videos are running straight away and seem to go smoothly :)

Devvie83, thank you VERY much! I would try to change that option if i tried everything else)) Since I changed PC configuration and OS from XP to 7 I had this stuttering problem and couldn't understand what was the reason. Even now when all is working fine I'm curious about that mysterious Jumbo Frame.
I did just right what you said - changed Jumbo Frame (ENG OS) to 9kb MTU and that's ALL! Didn't touch ps3.
I have pretty new PC
motherboard MSI P67A GD65
melosense

Previous

Return to General Help and Support