NaviX support

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: NaviX support

Postby SharkHunter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 pm

I have a win7 quad core with 4gb at home and it works there too. I suspect your network makes the not so patient things in PS3 etc. fail. The logs show that stuff gives up after a while. Maybe a longer init delay could help (or probably not), Just for the fun od test and enable HTTPv2 which normally should be disabled as it causes stuff to take long time to start.
SharkHunter

Postby Deadringer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 pm

I too have a quad core with windows 7 for my server. My dsl connects close to 4mb and can play the same movie from xbmc on a laptop in the same room that the ps3 fails. I do not think there is anything wrong with your build or the script/plugin I just think the ps3 can not not stream the higher quality movies. I also have an "HD Live" that is hard wired to the router and it also fails when trying too play these sources. Guess for now I will have to leave my laptop hooked it with svga and hope that you discover a setting that will help in the future. Please let me know if you need any help testing any new settings please let me know.

Thanks for your effort and patience
Last edited by Deadringer on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deadringer

Postby SharkHunter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Yes I think it is a network resource problem. The XBMC is probably buffering a lot more that you don't see. My theory of why this fails is:
You start downloading the video but it goes slow. PMS has to run this via mencoder who buffers and then writes it back out to the render. The PMS is in itself not that keen on waiting so if it doesn't get enough data from mencoder it will shut it down. The same basically goes with the render that will order PMS to shutdown if there isn't enough data. The solution is tricky I would say and involves some buffering before the render/mencoder is even invoked but maybe it is possible. I'll put it on the cool investigation list...
SharkHunter

Postby Deadringer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:51 pm

SharkHunter wrote:Yes I think it is a network resource problem. The XBMC is probably buffering a lot more that you don't see. My theory of why this fails is:
You start downloading the video but it goes slow. PMS has to run this via mencoder who buffers and then writes it back out to the render. The PMS is in itself not that keen on waiting so if it doesn't get enough data from mencoder it will shut it down. The same basically goes with the render that will order PMS to shutdown if there isn't enough data. The solution is tricky I would say and involves some buffering before the render/mencoder is even invoked but maybe it is possible. I'll put it on the cool investigation list...

If you don't mind me asking what is the speed of your network.

As always your thoughtfulness to making this better is appreciated. if there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
Deadringer

Postby SharkHunter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 pm

I think it is 100 mb but that is of course some optimal thing at least 24 mb at least...
SharkHunter

Postby Deadringer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:10 pm

SharkHunter wrote:I think it is 100 mb but that is of course some optimal thing at least 24 mb at least...

That is way faster than I can get where I live I think cable maxes at 8 or 12 here. Thanks for the response
Deadringer

Postby Deadringer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Sharkhunter....with Veehd sources on my PlayOn server I usually have to start the video and if it doesn't start right away I can pause for 10 seconds and then start it again and it will play. I have tried ths (although not extensively) with the PSM and it does not seem to work. Would you think there would be any other tricks like this that might work?
Deadringer

Postby SharkHunter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:50 pm

This is a wild idea. Create a file called navix.groovy and plce it in extras\scripts and copy this content into it and then restart and try agian. I have no hope of it working but pls give the logs anyway.
Code: Select all
/*
    navix://channel?url=http%3A//example.com&referer=http%3A//example.com&agent=Mozilla

This protocol uses MPlayer as the downloader
    Only the following Navi-X output fields are supported:

url     // required: media URL
        agent   // optional: HTTP user-agent
        referer // optional: HTTP referrer
        player  // optional: currently ignored

Although most fields are optional, there is no point using this protocol unless
    at least one optional field is supplied.

boolean values (none currently) can be set without a value e.g. navix://channel?url=http%3A//example.com&foo
    values *must* be URL-encoded
    keys are just alphanumeric, so don't need to be
*/

init {
    profile ('navix://') {
        pattern {
            protocol 'navix'
        }

action {
            def mencoderArgs = []
            def pairs = $HTTP.getNameValuePairs($URI) // uses URLDecoder.decode to decode the name and value
            def seenURL = false

for (pair in pairs) {
                def name = pair.name
                def value = pair.value

switch (name) {
                    case 'url':
                        if (value) {
                            // quote handling is built in for this downloader
                            $URI = value
                            seenURL = true
                        }
                        break
                    case 'referer':
                        if (value)
                            mencoderArgs << '-referrer' << value // requires a recent (>= June 2010) mplayer
                        break
                    case 'agent':
                        if (value)
                            mencoderArgs << '-user-agent' << value
                        break
                    case 'player':
                        if (value)
                            log.info("player option for navix:// protocol currently ignored: ${value}")
                        break
                    default:
                        log.warn("unsupported navix:// option: ${name}=${value}")
                }
            }

def CURL = pmsConf['curl.path']
      def cookie = pmsConf['cookie.path']

$URI = quoteURI($URI)
     $DOWNLOADER = "$CURL -s -S -b ${cookie} --location-trusted --output $DOWNLOADER_OUT ${$URI}"   
            if (seenURL) {
                $TRANSCODER = $MENCODER + mencoderArgs
            } else {
                log.error("invalid navix:// URI: no url parameter supplied: ${$URI}")
            }
        }
    }
}
SharkHunter

Postby Deadringer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm

Excitement is in the air. After applying this file I went the folder with Social network and it played right away (GREAT!) then I tried to play another moviee from the same folder "rio" and it also played. Just to be sure I went back to Social Network and it would NOT play. Progress is made with this groovy file however didn't play each and every time I clicked a movie. While the movie was trying to play the PSM was showing a bitrate exchange. I also noticed that it never fails anymore just continues to try and play the stream.

Also I tried another movie just now and it came back with an error on my WD Live and also crashed MEncoder on my Windows 7

Log file has grown larger then allowed size but I am sure you are interested in seeing it. If you tell me where to put it in the next hour I will get it there right away. If not it will have to be later tonight (EST)
Deadringer

Postby SharkHunter » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:54 am

So CURL is the magic shit here! I'm suprised but also a bit impressed and happy. It needs to be a bit brushed up the version her is a dirty hack and it needs some polishing. A note why stuff stops working is that I noticed that PMS is not that happy with you stop a video and start it again etc. It likes to have the video run to completion. Try again but between your starts make sure that you kill all mencoder processes running, just to make sure.

Edit: To avoid spamming the forum with log files start using the SHB issue tracker at google code (https://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-shb/issues/list).
SharkHunter

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins