PMS-ExSport custom build with some addons

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS-ExSport custom build with some addons

Postby Raptor399 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:06 am

ExSport wrote:It is weird that added features by me were requested in forums by many but when there is a chance to be added to main trunk, nobody will say anything.
Why adding useless features which nobody(maybe only me?) using it? :mrgreen:
Anyway it was worth doing it! I am using it and it is enough 8-)
At minimum, patches in this build can fix few bugs/requests:
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ail?id=648
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ail?id=822
....I am lazy finding others :)

You can always increase the chance of the patches making it to the main trunk by adding them to their corresponding issues (or create an issue if it does not exist yet). ;-)

The different builds are great for testing, but in the end we need a readable solution (read: the source code and not binaries) to resolve issues.

Thank you for your efforts so far, keep up the good work! :-)
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby brotherjohn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:32 am

Hi Exsport,
thanks for your build. I'll test it soon. What version of plugin pmsencoder and channel do you recommend for your build.
brotherjohn

Postby ExSport » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:39 am

Yes I know about .diff files and some of my code is already in main trunk implemented by Shagrath/Subjunk.
Main problem is my dilema if somebody using it :mrgreen:
If not then I can create diff file but will it will be useful for somebody, not only me? 8-)
Maybe orderers of these features are not here anymore :)
Also I wanted if it will be useful for more people, I will add configuration directly to GUI so it will be configurable more easily and not like:
http://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/wiki/FAQ
Thanks all for feedback ;)
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:41 am

brotherjohn wrote:Hi Exsport,
thanks for your build. I'll test it soon. What version of plugin pmsencoder and channel do you recommend for your build.

My custom build is same as subjunk or original one so feel free when talking about plugins. I can't recommend any because I don't use it(slow net - 4 Mbit only)
ExSport

Postby brotherjohn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:59 am

ExSport wrote:Also I wanted if it will be useful for more people, I will add configuration directly to GUI so it will be configurable more easily and not like:
http://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/wiki/FAQ
Thanks all for feedback ;)

This were REALLY, REALLY USEFUL. It were awesome if you could implement a GUI configuration e.g. to define the paths. I uses different builds (SB, Official and SHB) in virtual machines and I get confused with the different setups. Where have I save the path definitions and where are the files located? Very confusing?
If it were possible to define the paths and other things in a GUI of PMS, this were a great feature everyone would appreciate this :D
brotherjohn

Postby grolschie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:35 am

Hello. Just a note to say that the ExSport build mostly works with the Sony BDP-Sx70 with the attached renderer config. Videos stream rather than transcode. Web radio seems to play. However, web video will not play. I have tried the latest pmsencoder. The PMS icon shows up on the renderer which is nice. I am using Java 6 update 27. Thanks ExSport.
Attachments
BDP-Sx70.zip
BDP-Sx70 renderer config
(667 Bytes) Downloaded 107 times
grolschie

Postby ExSport » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 am

Hi
Nice to hear it.
If you want more uptodate version almost all my patches already SubJunk included in his custom build so you can test also latest SubJunk builds which are using also custom Mplayer/MEncoder builds created and patched by SubJunk himself.
So I suppose SubJunk build will work same way as my, maybe better ;)
ExSport

Postby grolschie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for that. :-)
grolschie

Previous

Return to Beta Builds