Best codec pack?

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Best codec pack?

Postby daflyboys » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:21 am

I'm referring to this:

http://otmanix.de/english/2009/06/01/ja ... -avisynth/ which was a link from:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507

especially regarding K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. Below this it also says: CCCP Codec Pack

For those who prefer minimal installations CCCP codec pack is the right choice. It is available here. Read FAQ for configuration. It should be similar to setup k-lite codec pack.

Then, "activate Avisynth-engine", but doesn't say how to activate it.
daflyboys

Postby ExSport » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:15 am

PMS doesn't require codecs but Avisynth!
99% of PMS users don't use AviSynth and should not use it if not needed for special cases ;)
So for best results with PMS don't use Avisynth which breaks some PMS features(like audio/sub preferences etc.) and also makes problems because all systems have different codec packs, another configurations etc. so it is very hard to answer user's complains who something doesn't work.
Also wrong settings for audio/video codecs may lead to lower quality of final picture, bad AR etc.....
ExSport

Postby meskibob » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:35 pm

daflyboys wrote:Well, to the novel user, the confusion lies in being told to look over an FAQ which directs me to download and install all types of things. Then finding this saying use no codec. So I hope you can see the conflict.
Mainly, I would be very happy utilizing PMS mainly for the myp2p channel to stream in games, but I constantly have gotten data corrupt screens
AviSynth cannot be used for web-streaming, and the Otmanix tutorial says nothing about using AviSynth for web-streaming (only talks about transcoding). Use PMSEncoder instead (it looks like you are), and follow-up in the appropriate thread if you are having issues (and post the appropriate details)
daflyboys wrote:I do have debug logs, but now have to figure out where to upload them.... I have a debug.log and pmsencoder.log. Is there anything else I should have before I attempt the UL??
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38484
Also check the PMSEncoder link above for specific directions for that plugin
daflyboys wrote:Then, "activate Avisynth-engine", but doesn't say how to activate it.
Have you moused-over the plug icon under the Transcoding Settings and looked at the tooltip that pops up? It tells you "Enable/disable a transcoding engine." This kind of functionality is standard for most programs, but sorry if it wasn't clear enough...
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Gareee » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:53 pm

I just tried to download the pmseoncoder.jar file listed here: https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsencoder, and it can not be downloaded.

Did the location change? Also, I cannot find the config file that chocolateboy mentioned editing anywhere. Is that gone from the current beta builds? I did make these changes in the past, but it looks like one of the subjunk beta builds removed it.

Also, per the discussion here, I did remove all the community codec packs, and I saw no issues of changes in ps3ms at all... I did however see some issues in local playback of some files on my pc.
Gareee

Postby daflyboys » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:16 am

Thanks for the help, meskibob, I'll UL as I can. There is no hover text (I think that's what you mean) when I run the mouse over the AviSynth entries. I can only click and highlight them. I don't even know if what is in the corresponding fields to the right of them is correct or if there is something else I need to do. I do find that when movies do come in it takes quite a while. I definitely prefer PlayOn for this purpose.
daflyboys

Postby gerald626 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

How do i enable/disable "switch to tsmuxer" in a headless config?
gerald626

Postby chocolateboy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:32 pm

gerald626 wrote:How do i enable/disable "switch to tsmuxer" in a headless config?

You don't need to do that anymore. Just play the problematic file(s) with MEncoder via the #--TRANSCODE--# folder.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Previous

Return to Additions and Plugins