Best codec pack?

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Best codec pack?

Postby gman84 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:57 pm

chocolateboy wrote:Workaround:

1. Transcoding Settings -> MEncoder -> Disable "Switch to tsMuxeR..." (don't save).
  2. Play the video.
  3. Transcoding Settings -> MEncoder -> Re-enable "Switch to tsMuxeR..." (don't save).

Will the playback remain high quality if I do this?
gman84

Postby Gareee » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks for the fix! (And Happy easter!)
Do you know if the problem is actually with tsmuxer, or how its being used in ps3media server?
Gareee

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Gareee wrote:Do you know if the problem is actually with tsmuxer, or how its being used in ps3media server?

It's probably the PS3 not liking one of the H.264 options.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby gman84 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:57 am

Tried this solution, and I get the same message Data Corrupted :(
gman84

Postby Gareee » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:33 pm

There's a newer subjunk release of ps3media server.. maybe try that? (I haven;t grabbe dit yet.. will do later today though.
Gareee

Postby OmegaII » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Running 1.23.0 still the same problem ... Anyone got any wiser ? Because even the disable enable thing doesn't work anymore.
Getting sick of trial and error for half an hour just to get 5.1 sound.
OmegaII

Postby daflyboys » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:42 am

This is such conflicting information. I spent the last 2 hours looking over the FAQ's suggested (still can't get Avisynth/FFmpeg or Avisynth/MEncoder to "activate" (which I think was misleading in the FAQ). I just get the red X's. I've rebooted the PS3 and the PMS program. I've already had the K-Lite codec pack installed, but upgraded it. The only thing I haven't done from the FAQ is install the CoreAVC, which did not seem essential. Any suggestions? And please don't lead me back to the FAQ. I know this stuff is second nature to you guys, but to many of us, it's cryptic.
daflyboys

Postby meskibob » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:52 am

daflyboys wrote:This is such conflicting information. I spent the last 2 hours looking over the FAQ's suggested (still can't get Avisynth/FFmpeg or Avisynth/MEncoder to "activate" (which I think was misleading in the FAQ). I just get the red X's. I've rebooted the PS3 and the PMS program. I've already had the K-Lite codec pack installed, but upgraded it. The only thing I haven't done from the FAQ is install the CoreAVC, which did not seem essential. Any suggestions? And please don't lead me back to the FAQ. I know this stuff is second nature to you guys, but to many of us, it's cryptic.

Ummm...
ExSport wrote:The best codec pack is NONE ;)
If you are talking about best codecpack for PMS, then again, NONE. PMS ignores all of the codecs installed on system.

and
meskibob wrote:Well, to be clear, PMS by default ignores all codecs. If you install AviSynth and tell PMS to use AviSynth, then your system codecs will be used. But if you're only using MEncoder or TSmuxer, then it's as ExSport describes.

are pretty explicit.
Maybe if you explain what you are trying to do (or your issue) we can help.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby daflyboys » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:13 am

Well, to the novel user, the confusion lies in being told to look over an FAQ which directs me to download and install all types of things. Then finding this saying use no codec. So I hope you can see the conflict.

Mainly, I would be very happy utilizing PMS mainly for the myp2p channel to stream in games, but I constantly have gotten data corrupt screens. I do have debug logs, but now have to figure out where to upload them.... I have a debug.log and pmsencoder.log. Is there anything else I should have before I attempt the UL??

In essence, I've installed AviSynth, but have this showing. I'm not really sure what should go in the corresponding windows or just leave those alone. I read somewhere to "activate" avisynth, but there is nothing to click on to activate it.

Last edited by daflyboys on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
daflyboys

Postby SubJunk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 am

daflyboys wrote:Well, to the novel user, the confusion lies in being told to look over an FAQ which directs me to download and install all types of things. Then finding this saying use no codec. So I hope you can see the conflict.
If the FAQ says to download codecs it's an error, could you please let us know where it says that so we can fix it?
SubJunk

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins