PMS-ExSport custom build with some addons

Download and discuss official beta builds here

PMS-ExSport custom build with some addons

Postby ExSport » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:47 am

Hi all
There are already lot of custom builds but I suppose one more will not hurt anybody.
My build includes some addons missing from official builds, some were already merged to official build by Shagrath or Subjunk, so maybe also others will be merged some day...
My custom build was one of the first custom builds posted here in forum by anybody but it was always attached to specific thread so it always lost in time 8-)

HomePage with source code, informations and WIKI is here:
http://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/

ExSport build of PS3MediaServer with new features added
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
What was added (synced with v1.25.1_r652):
- !!-- Fix 23.976/25fps A/V Mismatch --!! accessible directly from #TRANSCODE# folder
- Enabled automatic A/V synchronization when audio delay detected
- Support for Audio/Subtitle tags(metadata/description) - resetting medialibrary needed for updating database structure!
- Forced subtitles support (you can define forced subs tag so subs can be detected and played automatically)
- Internal/External VOBSUB support (only solution how to render 3D subtitles), check http://84.27.10.123/3DSubtitler
- Added support for custom MEncoder options on renderer level (not only as global settings) useful for quality settings, adding black bars, deinterlace, etc. working on renderer level
- Partial-content (byte range) content size fix (WoH issue #822 ) - support for chunking renderers
- tomeko patch for specific renderers where Mediainfo=true doesn't work, check viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9882&start=20#p45892
- When expand= string exists in CustomMencoderOptions and DVD format is played, whole string is ignored to avoid corrupted picture on TVs (eg. Panasonic TV)
- ForcedSubs null pointer exception fixed

Any feedback is welcomed!
ExSport
Last edited by ExSport on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExSport

Re: PMS-ExSport custom build with some addons

Postby Madoka » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:30 am

ExSport wrote:It should be great to implement some check at start if javaw.exe exists, PMS will warn about it or better "hide" javaw.exe process so PMS will run under own process name like PMS.exe
I circumvent this problem by pms.cmd file like this:
Code: Select all
Select all@echo off
taskkill /IM javaw.exe /T /F >nul 2>nul
start javaw -Xmx1290M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath update.jar;pms.jar net.pms.PMS

With this PMS shortcut I am always sure no other PMS resides in memory so only one copy is running.

Is this in all your builds? Thanks.
Madoka

Postby ExSport » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 am

Yes, in every build 8-)
ExSport

Postby Madoka » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:49 am

Did you modify the subtitle placement? When I play .mp4 files with external subtitles, I use the -noass command as mencoder seems to not like the combination. In the past, the white subtitles would be partially cut off the bottom of the screen, but now they are fully on the screen. Also, is there a way I could make them yellow?
Madoka

Postby ExSport » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:22 am

No, no change in this manner. Subtitle placement depends on your config file, default values are same as in official build.
I suppose color settings should work only with -ass parameter so unfortunatelly not.
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:34 am

People are downloading it but nobody can send feedback? :roll:
In past there were requests for forced subtitles support or displaying description for subs/audio so people can see which audio is commentary and which not.
It seems nobody is interested anymore so it will never get to official trunk :?
ExSport

Postby taconaut » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:34 am

ExSport wrote:People are downloading it but nobody can send feedback? :roll:

Got the same observation with my build ;) Sure the work is appreciated! When checking the feedback in other threads, it is mostly related to problems people are having. Few answers = few bugs :)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby SharkHunter » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Be happy that you don't have any feedback it must mean that you made the perfect build :). I have lots of feedback and most of it is around stuff that doesn't work! But I also observe that the number of downloads in comparison to the number of posts in threads are well not in proportion.
SharkHunter

Postby ExSport » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:33 pm

It is weird that added features by me were requested in forums by many but when there is a chance to be added to main trunk, nobody will say anything.
Why adding useless features which nobody(maybe only me?) using it? :mrgreen:
Anyway it was worth doing it! I am using it and it is enough 8-)
At minimum, patches in this build can fix few bugs/requests:
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ail?id=648
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ail?id=822
....I am lazy finding others :)
ExSport

Postby Madoka » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:02 am

ExSport wrote:People are downloading it but nobody can send feedback? :roll:
In past there were requests for forced subtitles support or displaying description for subs/audio so people can see which audio is commentary and which not.
It seems nobody is interested anymore so it will never get to official trunk :?

Well, I'm happy with it. I haven't noticed any bugs that aren't in the other builds. My last wish is that PMS can have .ass support with .mp4 files. Right now, I have to use the -noass option so all the formatting is gone. But I hear that that is a bug with mencoder. If that's not possible, I'd like for PMS to default to using the default subtitles setting as I have some control over those (the default subtitles I get with the -noass option are larger than I'd like).

I use subtitles alot, but usually only one external subtitle file per video, so I haven't really tested some of your improvements.
Madoka

Next

Return to Beta Builds