PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3MS

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3

Postby Val Killmore » Sun May 15, 2011 8:06 pm

^^^^^^^ Pretty much at that point with PMS in general.

Every release seems worse. I ended up going back to the Magma build. It's the only version that works with nearly everything. Works with my 360 and PS3, as well most file types playback.

Newer versions of PMS either drop audio/video streams, don't populate folders, hang up, processes won't end.....and the list goes on.

Plus, half the stations in this plugin don't work, even after going thru the whole BS process.

Time to find a new media server program.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby xxap » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 am

PS3 Radio was updated June 9th, 2011. Couldn't get it to install previously due to 'run-time error 75' in step 3, so hoping this works.
On stage 1 again now, only because I'm hoping the station list is updated too - although it would let me go straight to stage 2 if I wanted.

http://www.foxhollow.ca/PS3-Radio/
xxap

Postby Hackashaq » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:03 pm

I had to move my web.conf file to the ps3mediaserver program location for step 3 to work and avoid the run-time error.
Then I moved the web.conf back to it's correct location in C:\ProgramData\<your directory here>
I'm using the SharkHunterBuild so my directory locations are different than the defaults.
Hackashaq

Postby xxap » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:10 am

6/13/2011
It downloaded the stations and installed without a problem. No radio-sihk type locks or runtime error 75.
World-Radio-Web-Conf is 8,821kb now and it was 8,836kb before the update, so I'm thinking the broken stations were removed.
I tried to install just before the update on this and another pc and it didn't work.
It worked with all the files in the main directory for me, but I have the regular 1.23.0 official release of PMS.
Last edited by xxap on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxap

Postby Irvysan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks for the update :)
Irvysan

Postby aricardol » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 am

madglee wrote:I downloaded your file and extracted it into C:/Program Files/PS3 Media Server but I still don't see anything in the PS3 even after restarting both the server and the PS3.
I tried to do Step 3 again and I just get that same error.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly:

You download the file, extract it into C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server
You run step 1, that finished fine
You run step 2, that finished fine
You run step 3, that gives a run time error I mentioned and that was mentioned way earlier in the thread

I restarted both, went to Music, and I don't see anything about World Radio listed.

Is there something I'm not doing?

Hi,

Hello, I had this same problem and solves it as follows:
1 - Create a folder with the name "pms" in C:\ProgramData\ (this folder is hidden);
2 - Copy the file "WEB.conf" that is in the following folder (C:\Users\your name\appData\Roaming\PMS) - the folder appData is hidden;
3 - Paste the file "WEB.conf" in the folder (pms) created in the step 1 (and save another copy of this file in another location - for security);
4 - Run the "Step 3" in the "PS3-Radio.exe". You will notice that there is no error and the program to update / install the list of radios.
5 - Go to the "pms" folder in C:\ProgramData\ and cut the file "WEB.conf" and paste in the original folder (C:\Users\your name\appData\Roaming\PMS), replacing the existing file in this folder.
6 - turn on the PS3 and run the Java Media Server;
7 - Done. The "World - Music" folder is created.

Sorry my English. I'm from Brazil and I'm still learning English.
aricardol

Postby ColonizedMind » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:37 am

I get the runtime error 75 and I'm on Windows XP. It does not have a C:/ProgramData folder. What should I do?

Thanks
ColonizedMind

Postby jimbo242 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:51 pm

i'm having similar issues, getting run time error 75 on step 3, and also have xp and no c:/programdata file...what i know with certainty is that my web.conf file is definitely not getting updated and growing by thousands of lines after i run ps3radio.exe...something else i noticed is that i have a ps3 mediaserver folder in c:/programfiles but web.conf and pms.conf exist in a totally different location in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PMS...i read somewhere way back in this forum that ps3radio.exe is supposed to be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PMS and the ps3 radio folder with all the icons is supposed to be in c:/programfiles/ps3mediaserver, but the instructions for ps3 radio state pretty clearly to extract everything to c:/programfiles/ps3mediaserver...so....what am i doing wrong?...or at least, what can i do to avoid this run time error 75 issue...any help or clarifications would be very appreciated, because quite frankly, i know just enough to slop through this blindly
jimbo242

Postby jimbo242 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:11 pm

correction: way back on pages 13 and 14 of this discussion, ps3-radio himself is saying that ps3radio.exe should be in the same folder as pms.exe and web.conf...but my pms.exe is in c:/programfiles/ps3mediaserver while web.conf is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PMS...and i haven't moved anything around up to now...but i'm beginning to understand why aricardol is talking about copying and pasting web.conf in a different place...maybe i should be copying it into c:/programfiles/ps3mediaserver and then replacing it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PMS after ps3radio does its thing???
jimbo242

Postby jimbo242 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 am

ha...got it...here's what i did...very similar to aricardol's steps but...
find web.conf in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PMS, copy it directly to c:/programfiles/ps3mediaserver...do not create a folder named pms in ps3mediaserver, tried it and didn't work...copy it directly into the ps3mediaserver folder...run ps3radio.exe...you can skip really long step 1 and start with step 2...clicked step 3, did not get run time error 75 (finally!!!)...setup finished...checked web.conf file in ps3mediaserver folder and it had grown from KB to MB...cut it and pasted it back into original location in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PMS, overwiriting the older, much smaller web.conf file...went to store and got a well deserved beer
jimbo242

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins