Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby magnucifer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:45 am

Hi,

First of all, thanks for a great application. But I have a problem with the OS X version that I never encounter in Windows, which I run virtually using Parallels.

At first everything seems absolutely fine, but after a while I get stuttering and other strange behaviours.
In the "Traces"-window it says; "Out of memory".
Then I can't quit the media server. I have to Force Quit it through the Activity Monitor, and when I look at ongoing processes, the Mencoder is started about 5-10 times and I have to Force Quit every single one of them.
I'm running Leopard on an iMac.

Thank You
-Magnus
magnucifer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:30 am

Re: Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby nedd » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:23 am

+1
Identical behaviour as Magnus describes it. Was also on 1.02
Mostly it heapens if I try to navigate/move to next chapter/movie. Even on SD movies.
Force quit is only solution so far.

Big thanx to the team.

Nenad
nedd
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 am

Re: Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby pereprimus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 pm

i have that problem too, it's hapenning after one transcoding for me
pereprimus
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Re: Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby Eligos » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Getting the same problem too.

20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.5.6
Last edited by Eligos on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eligos
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby Fridaybrew » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Are you all four on the same leopard system or what? Please write down what system you are running things on so it might be a clearer picture for those who sits on the knowledge to help you and maybe fix the bug if there is a bug.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 |16 GB Aeneon DDR2-800 CL2.5 RAM | Western Digital VelociRaptor - 300GB 10000rpm 16MB | 4 x Samsung SpinPoint - 1TB 7200rpm 32MB | PS3 with Samsung Spinpoint M6S HM500LI - 500GB 5400rpm 8MB 2.5zoll - SATA300 | Samsung LE 52 A766
Fridaybrew
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby Redlum » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:41 am

Please include your debug.log file as well.

I'm now testing a new build that could potentially fix this problem, stay tuned.
Redlum
Project Member
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby Eligos » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks Mulder :D
Eligos
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby ionblue » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:33 am

I was able to find a fix for my mac
I went to the General Configuration tab and changed the "Force networking on interface" to en1. So play around with that setting and see if it works
ionblue
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:30 am

Re: Problem in 1.02.1 and 1.03

Postby magnucifer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:09 am

ionblue wrote:I was able to find a fix for my mac
I went to the General Configuration tab and changed the "Force networking on interface" to en1. So play around with that setting and see if it works


Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't do the trick. The problem, I think, is that the "mencoder" app starts a new instance every time it's used, and after a while, the memory is full.

-Magnus
magnucifer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:30 am


Return to Mac OS X Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests