"PS3 has not been found"

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

"PS3 has not been found"

Postby diogovans » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Yes my PS3 is on, i run the software but it doesn't find it, any sugestions?
diogovans

Re: "PS3 has not been found"

Postby Redlum » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Try forcing the network device and Ip address in the options and look in the debug.log.
Redlum
Project Member

Postby 328iGuy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:42 am

I have had the same issue since last release when OSX began as well.

I have tried forced IP as well and it will not recognize my PS3 at ALL however MediaLink finds it immediately without issue.

Would love to know the cause.

Does anyone on OSX have this working without issue?
328iGuy

Postby schnerrding » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:02 pm

to Redlum:

I have the same problem. When I look in "Traces", the following messages are repeated over and over:

"UPNP network exception: address is already in use"

Fact is that I have a windows laptop also connected to my network, where at least the connection went flawlessly. Anyway, it appears that the processor of the windows machine is not very efficient, so that I decided to use my imac 2,16 Ghz dual core to stream 1080p HD video to the PS3.

I looked up the network connections on the mac, but I couldn't find anything that caught my eye. Also my detailed knowledge with this topic is pretty much restricted.

What does force IP mean, and what are you going to type in that line? Does it make sense to give the PS3 another IP address? Looks like I'm pretty much stuck and need your help.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

schnerrding
schnerrding

Postby B4tm4n » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:54 pm

328iGuy wrote:I have had the same issue since last release when OSX began as well.

I have tried forced IP as well and it will not recognize my PS3 at ALL however MediaLink finds it immediately without issue.

Would love to know the cause.

Does anyone on OSX have this working without issue?

Turn off Medialink or any other UPnP server, then try PMS again.
B4tm4n

Postby schnerrding » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:08 pm

This was a great advice!
No problem there anymore, but now I get a trace message "unable to retrieve MAC address for UUID creation: using a random one". In the last line it says "it's reeady! You should see the server appears on XMB" but I still have no connection to the ps3. What's wrong?
schnerrding

Postby B4tm4n » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:58 pm

B4tm4n

Postby joewmorrissey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 am

i was having this problem... and couldn't figure it out everything i tried failed... finally i restored my imac back to original using the cds and now everything connects fine. so not sure what was causing the issue but a complete restore solved it for me. --- although i know it is an extreme option, it is an option.
joewmorrissey

Postby schnerrding » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:35 am

I finally managed to get this server operating. While playing around I set the "force networking on interface" to "en0" in the "general configuration"-tab. But, as it is in real life, you'll never run out of problems. Right now, the ps3 can only see my internal harddrive on my imac, but none of the hard drives connected to the imac via usb.

Any clues, what's wrong?

Anyway, I could actually use the app for a while and I must say: This is by far the best ps3 media server I ever came across!

Playing hd-mkvs or video_ts folders is just a breeze. Finally someone found a way to help the playstation to become, what it should have been right from the beginning: a true media player, and definitely not a game console!

A big thank you to the developers, what a great application that is!

By the way, after your total reset of your imac, do you see attached hard drives through the ps3?
schnerrding

Postby joewmorrissey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:43 am

you have to setup the external harddrives... meaning you have to add them... they are under volumes once you click the add button
joewmorrissey

Next

Return to Mac OS X Support