Media Shares not showing all Folders

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Media Shares not showing all Folders

Postby plainzwalker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi, I am new the whole PS3 deal and have been wrestling the last couples days with getting the PS3 media sharing nuisances down. I am able to see the majority of my media shares, but for some reason random folders won't show up. I have tried restarting the PC, restarting the PS3, restarting the Media Server on the PS3. Any ideas as to what I can be missing? The PS3 is showing up in WMP11 and it has permissions to access the media shares, and it can, but for some reason random files won't show up. I have tried to add the m2ts (which was created by tsMuxeR).

Am I missing something small?

Thank You
plainzwalker

Re: Media Shares not showing all Folders

Postby meskibob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:02 pm

Are these specific files in a directory while other files in that same directory show up, or are entire directories missing? If it's the latter, you've probably hit the PS3 folder-depth limit and will need to add the directory directly into the PMS share settings.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support