Web content will not stream

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Web content will not stream

Postby saleopardi » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:46 am

Hi Chocolateboy. first...thanks for your great plugin! Thanks to it I really make a great user of PS3 media server.
I am writing, because I am having some issues with some streams. I use Win7 and PSMencoder 1.5.5
my case is this:
if I use the get_flash_videos for any stream (like a megavideo stream) and mencoder as a transcoder, the audio is totally out of sync. This does not happen if, when using get_flash_videos, I use ffmpeg as the transcoder.
Because of this, I've changed the navix.groovy so that ffmpeg is used.
However, if I have a stream that does not need get_flash_videos (like megaupload), then ffmpeg would not work while mencoder does (guess it is because of the fact that mplayer does not have a downloader)
QUESTION:
Would it be possible to have a script that forces the transcoder to ffmpeg (or mplayer) every time get_flash_videos is used, while leaving all the othe cases like you have them now in the 1.5.5 version?

again...thanks a lot for your great work..and hope you can help me with this!
tks
Sandro
saleopardi

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:52 am

Eventually ffmpeg will be the default transcoder for everything. The use of MEncoder is a hack to work around Windows limitations.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby brotherjohn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Is there a chance to get a working filmtrailers stream from this script with the new pmsencoder version and ffmpeg?
brotherjohn

Postby chocolateboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:24 pm

brotherjohn wrote:Is there a chance to get a working filmtrailers stream from this script?

Is there a chance that you could RTM?

http://navix.turner3d.net/proc_list
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby dushashi » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:34 pm

How can I match IP address in the .groovy files?

profile ('test') {
pattern {
domain '90.12.22.34'
}

would this work?
dushashi

Postby chocolateboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Yes (with a valid profile), if that's what PMSEncoder is passed in the URI. If you want to convert a domain name to an IP address and match on that, then that could be done, but you'd need to code it yourself.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby dushashi » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

No I just want to match a local IP address from the home network and use MENCODER for transcoding

I don't want to set up a local domain just for this.

So this is what i am gonna do:

Code: Select all
script {
    profile ('MyServer') {
        pattern {
            domain '192.168.0.195:8902'
        }

action {
            $TRANSCODER = $MENCODER
        }
    }
}

Update:
Just tested and works. I usually stream my SopCast stuff from separate laptop to PS3 Media Server, but unfortunately FFMPEG asynchs audio and video for SopCast streams. Mencoder works better.
dushashi

Postby brotherjohn » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:34 am

chocolateboy wrote:
brotherjohn wrote:Is there a chance to get a working filmtrailers stream from this script?

Is there a chance that you could RTM?

http://navix.turner3d.net/proc_list

OK. So I switched back to version r518 and pmsencoder 1.4.0.
Compared to more recent versions, this version plays mp4, flv in h.264 without any problems and streams filmtrailers from the above mentioned url perfectly to my Bravia TV EX-505 :D
brotherjohn

Postby sunsystem » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:07 am

Here are my log files. I can play mms links with vlc or mencoder web, but when I try to play with pmsencoder I get a huge bunch of java errors in debug.log. I tried to follow a lot of threads and got lost somewhere in it. I wanted to play the rtmp protocols (one with Al Jazeera link) but it also fails. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

System: Windows XP
PMS 1.21.1 with pmsencoder 1.5.5
Latest version of java installed.
Removed pmsencoder folder created in the app directory.
Added rtmpdump and vlc paths to pms.conf

Thanks.
Attachments
LogAndConf.zip
(18.25 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
sunsystem

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:01 am

The most obvious issue (although probably unrelated to your error): the engines list in PMS.conf doesn't start with PMSEncoder:

change:

engines=mencoder,avsmencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio,ffmpegaudio,tsmuxeraudio,pmsencoder,...

to:

engines=pmsencoder,mencoder,avsmencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio,ffmpegaudio,tsmuxeraudio,...

https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsencoder#Install

That particular stream:

videostream.Web,Marathi TVs=Star Majha,mms://virtltech-wml1.wm.msecnd.net/virtltech_wml20?MSWMExt=.asf,http://www.idesitv.com/video_img/thumb/93218.jpg

- works for me. PMSEncoder uses MEncoder (rather than ffmpeg) as a transcoder as a temporary hack to handle the MMS protocol (which ffmpeg doesn't support), so it could certainly be smoother, but I can't reproduce the stack trace (or any issue at all) with PMSEncoder 1.55/Java 1.6.0_24/Linux (Ubuntu 10.10).

Some obvious double checks (I don't think they apply to you, but just in case): if you downloaded the PMSEncoder jar yourself with Internet Explorer, do it again with a sane browser; rule out conflicts (to start with) by removing any/all other plugins from the plugins directory; make sure there are no scripts in e.g. C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\pmsencoder; try to get a more recent version of Java.
chocolateboy
Project Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support