Cinavia - working fix

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Cinavia - working fix

Postby haloween » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Hello !

Most of you folks have allready hit the cinavia problem while streaming your files to PS3. I've also been a victim to $ONY$ DRM.
Just as usual ,a problem comes up , a solution must be advised.

I've tried to remux the files (didn't work)
I've tried to change the output settings (didn't work)

But luckily i've found a solution that works, it's not the most elegant one, since it requires a small pause in viewing , but it's 100% working :>

@ the beginning a bit of information how cinnavia works:
- company releasing the movie(publisher) embeds a watermark into the audio stream (btw. your mp3 purchases are also stamped using similiar technology so b careful with mp3 sharing)
- during the playback console audio decoder finds embedded data in the stream and if it's not matching some conditions it shutdowns the audio and shows the widely known and loved pimped out box
- watermark data embedded into the stream is inaudible and impossible to scramble / remove , eventually you would lower the audio quality A LOT while trying to do that (not fine)

MAGIC TRICK EXPLANATION:
Basically when cinnavia protection kicks in it blocks the playback of audio at a certain time point (timestamp). Let's call that point "A"

Now for the usual part: The progLAMERS @ $ONY LAB$ store that timestamp value(A) at a location on consoles HDD or EPROM (that's why power off / on did not do the trick). So we're grounded for 20 minutes (that's the penalty time)... I would also store that, good work yoshis !!
What those lames didn't check is the time alteration while the penalty is in force :P Basically, has the clock data changed.

SO WHAT I DID AFTER AUDIO LOCKOUT WAS SETTING THE CONSOLE'S CLOCK +1 Hour.
It took me about 20 seconds :P

After clock setting operation i start the playback from where it was finished, protection engine checks for "A" timestamp value, it states 1 hour in the past(20 min penalty is over) so it allows us to playback the content for another 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes audio is being cut off again @timestamp "B", so we repeat the time trick and we're at B+1 Hour :D and so on , and so on.
It's not too elegant but it works, PERFECTLY. You can continue viewing in full DTS quality without a problem.

------------------------
My firmware version is: 3.15. I don't think that has been fixed.
------------------------
haloween

Re: Cinavia - working fix

Postby devildog93 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Very interesting.
devildog93

Postby devildog93 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:05 pm

This seems to be more effective and at least for "infected" AC3 audio movies is a permanent fix. (at least until SONY does makes another move)

DTS fixing requires more work but is laid out in the posts following the initial suggestion.

I am adding this link to all Cinavia related posts to facilitate in ease of search for users. Thank you Yakos, for the initial suggestion /link which I could elaborate on.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7194&start=20#p42284
devildog93

Postby sonicboom » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:53 am

This does work. Now let's get a real work around going.
sonicboom

Postby caper_26 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 pm

why wouldn't a AVCHD version playing from a USB device NOT work? it uses the BD player instead of the software player which is used for streaming. If that still doesn't work, what is the difference in the content in the original BD vice AVCHD copy, since both use the same hardware to play the media??
caper_26

Postby MRVP » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:30 am

I have been trying everthing and anything to by pass the cinavia block that comes up when tryin to watch blue rays and havent had much luck until I went back to converting the format with a converter and it work but this process takes a very long time so if anyone could point me in another quicker path I would truly be thankful.
MRVP

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:48 am

Circumventing Cinavia has nothing to do with PMS, and this has already been discussed to bits.

Thread locked.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to General Discussion