Toggle MKV subtitles on PS3?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Toggle MKV subtitles on PS3?

Postby 5stringdeath » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:47 am

Maybe i'm missing something simple but ... is there a way to toggle subs on/off/language in MKV's via the PS3? Unless I check "Definitely Disable Subtitles" I always get subs and I can't find a way to toggle them off. Its a pain cause I want to leave the sub support on for foreign language .avi files etc.

Thanks

PS - Using it on an Intel MacPro
5stringdeath

Re: Toggle MKV subtitles on PS3?

Postby shagrath » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:54 am

you have multiple ways to do that:

- go select the right audio and right subtitle (or none) tracks into the #Transcoded# folder
- disable subtitles in XMB with the #Video Settings# virtual menu
- configure the application to not display subtitles for specific audio languages
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: Toggle MKV subtitles on PS3?

Postby OpDDay2001 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 am

Not to bump this, but this is the most relevant thread for my problem.

I'm having the exact opposite problem. I'm playing back video and no subtitles are appearing when they should be. One file plays back the opening with subs, but I'm assuming that appears to be hard-subbed into the file while the subtitles for the dialog seem never appear, as if Subtitles are turned off for that particular .MKV file.

edit: I think I found it for some reason, the PS3/Media Server wasn't recognizing that the ASS/SSA Subtitles option was checked or maybe they weren't communicating it right. Well.. no.. that doesn't seem to fix it either. *goes back to tinkering*
OpDDay2001

Return to General Help and Support