Mencoder defaults may be wrong

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Mencoder defaults may be wrong

Postby meskibob » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:41 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Mencoder defaults may be wrong

Postby 1080pete » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:06 am

I've done my best to understand everything posted throughout this forum and the links provided, but I can't seem to better my playback. Is it possible that I can't get a good stream because I have Uverse? I was told that they don't allow UPnP but I'm not sure if that matters to both the files I'm playing and the PMS streaming or just the files? I am very new to this so most of what I read looks like a foreign language to me but it's starting to make sense. I'd just like to know if my ISP is hindering me, or just me. Here is my set up:
MacBook Pro-OS Lion 10.7.3
Playstation Media Server 1.50.1
Ps3 connected HDMI to Pioneer 1019 HDMI to Panasonic 55 GT30.

I have tried the different settings like 5 1 2, 5 1 1, all the others suggested and some I made up.
On the first tab of the PMS with the green check? when the mb % is up to 10mb the video is great but every few seconds it goes down to zero and freezes, then goes back up. Very inconsistent. I'll provide any info necessary in order to get this to work. Thank you

-Pete
1080pete

Previous

Return to General Help and Support