Display Options?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Display Options?

Postby Mask1nen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Im using ps3ms to stream my movies. However I wonder if there is any way to change the way movies/texts look in XMB. I mean like, instead of them all being displayed like this:

Movie 1
Movie 2
Movie 3
Movie 4
Movie 5
Movie 6
Etc.....
I wonder if there is any way to get them like this:

Movie 1 ------ Movie 2 ------- Movie 3
Movie 4 ------ Movie 5 ------- Movie 6
Etc.....

I saw some uTube clip of some guy who had it like I just explained on his PS3 and im dieing to have it the same ;) Got all those pretty thumbs created and it looks stupid atm with them all in a single row imo.

Is there anyway to do this? Ps, im a newb.
Mask1nen

Re: Display Options?

Postby meskibob » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Nope, atleast not with PMS or any other DLNA setup using the stock PS3 DLNA feature set (atleast AFAIK). That was either some app running directly on the XMB or a custom FW (with an app or modified DLNA).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Mask1nen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Mask1nen

Postby meskibob » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Yup, looks like an app for a custom FW (there aren't any "plugins" that I know of with stock FW). Actually almost looks like a web page/service... Either way, not possible with PMS and DLNA.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby ExSport » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:16 pm

ExSport

Postby chocolateboy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:07 pm

meskibob wrote:Actually almost looks like a web page/service...

Yes, it's a Flash web app which uses PMS for streaming. It's set as the browser's homepage.

http://www.myps3xmbsux.com

He/she's using IIS, but it would work a lot better (i.e. portably) as a PMS plugin. I toyed with adding support for HTTP (e.g. servlet) plugins, but never got round to finishing it. It could also integrate well with pms-mlx, which already has a TMDb plugin.

Very cool! :-)
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:54 am

Looks interesting, even though I'd like to see it working with HD material before believing flash is suitable for this kind of utilisation (as written in the latest blog post mentioning memory issues on the ps3).
Having a standalone app would definitely be nicer then having to use IIS.
Unfortunately, with the ps3 we have to accept limitations like the rigid folder structure and predifined content types if using the normal dlna server discovery or having to use the browser with this.
Lets see what the next version he'll release will bring along :)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Return to General Discussion