pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx [beta] <- media library extension

Postby taconaut » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Big check in today! No release just yet, but the source code has been updated in the SVN.
As I've been away from home and work with lots of spare time on my hands and having to stay in an office for the last 3 weeks (swiss guys should know what I'm currently doing...), I've seized the opportunity to get the library view started.

The highlights are (full change log):
- Updated to base code from rev 472 to 512
- Created library view where the file properties can be visualized (editing will follow)

Known bugs:
- The content of the table columns isn't being refreshed correctly when changing column order or adding/removing a column (the behaviour of the JTable is sometimes really odd..)

As I won't have the opportunity to test anything with a renderer until this weekend, I'd be happy to get some feedback if you test the code from the repository.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Re: pms-mlx [beta] <- media library extension

Postby taconaut » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Version 0.3 has been released for windows and linux (mac will follow this weekend). It can be downloaded here here

Changelog:
Code: Select all
Release pms-mlx v0.3

Feature:       
- created library view allowing to visualize the files stored in the database (editing fill follow)
- added 'Show in Library' menu item to show the files that will be contained in a folder in the library view
- added play history to all file types. it contains all the dates when a file has been played
- support AdditionalFolder(s)AtRoot
- limit max number of files shown for a folder (gui + business)

Bug:
- solved bug where timespan conditions wouldn't be applied correctly
- always set sort name to name when importing
- Make file extension lookup case insensitive
- Genres aren't automatically sorted

Improvement:                           
- added condition and mask variable for date last played for all file types
- added additional localization Messages to distinguish between condition operators shown for conditions and the combo boxes
- improved resizing behavior of folder dialog (thumbnail prios and folder view)
- set min size for some buttons     
- added ConditionType FILE_ISACTIF

Change:
- updated to base code revision 512 (reverted ExternalFactory to last version to avoid double loading of the plugins))
- changed DLNAView package to lower case
- changed database (should be transparent for users -> auto update through script)
- created a FilterEditor component shared by the folder dialog and the library view
- changed the layouting of the condtions in the FilterEditor to save space

Thanks to chocolateboy for testing what I couldn't :)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Re: pms-mlx <- media library extension (10.03.11 v0.3 [beta]

Postby BantryRed » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:46 am

Tried new version, seems to populate the library more, I now have 945 v 901 in library (all movies, tv), some of my avi's that were not in previos version are in this one (v3). Still have problem with mencoder transcoding a movie that just gets served in most update official version(beta). Ive confirmed this through Task Manager, mencoder_mt showing up with your version and buffer filling, v. no mencoder and no buffer just serving on official(beta) version. Should be able to do more testing for you at the weekend if you want. P.S. TsMuxer works. Windows 7 32bit quad core 4gb ram PS3 full fat wired connection. Thanks
BantryRed

Postby taconaut » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Tried new version, seems to populate the library more, I now have 945 v 901 in library (all movies, tv), some of my avi's that were not in previos version are in this one (v3).
That's probably because the files had upper case characters in their file extensions, right? Have you still got files that should, but haven't been imported?

Still have problem with mencoder transcoding a movie that just gets served in most update official version(beta). Ive confirmed this through Task Manager, mencoder_mt showing up with your version and buffer filling, v. no mencoder and no buffer just serving on official(beta) version.
Which beta are you comparing with? If it's release 412, then quite some things changed in the original pms code since then. Have you tried the SubJunk build? I'd say it should behave the same as pms-mlx.

Should be able to do more testing for you at the weekend if you want.
Cheers, I'm always interested to know what does and doesn't work. If their is an issue with this, it will probably have to be handled by the developers of the original pms, as the behaviour hasn't been modified in pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Updated mac build as well. Now the builds for all platforms are available
taconaut
Project Member

Postby killa339 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:14 pm

I've been using PS3 Media Server for about a year now and only recently discovered this extension. I wanted to thank you for all your hard work. This is exactly what was missing from my media server! It does all that I want, and it was easy to setup once I knew what all the options did. I hope you continue to work on this.

I also wanted to say that by choosing a different thumbnail picture for displaying content, my Bravia no longer crawls painfully through listings. It's extremely fast now! I'm not entirely sure why it takes so long on the Bravia to load up the default icon (the green arrow in older versions and the ps3 icon in the latest builds), but setting a custom one seems to fix this.

Thanks again!
killa339

Postby taconaut » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words. No worries, it will continue to evolve; there are many things I'm still missing.
Can't give you a reason why a static image would be quicker to load with mlx compared to the original pms. Well, I prefer it this way around :)
taconaut
Project Member

Postby thorin33 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:19 am

Can I install pms-mlx and subjunk version of ps3ms on the same machine?
thorin33

Postby taconaut » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 pm

There shouldn't be any trouble installing both; don't forget to change the port to be used though.
What is it you are missing in pms-mlx that you've got in the SubJunk build?
taconaut
Project Member

Postby thorin33 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Nothing....I just need one instance to serve up to an old xbox via uPNP and one instance to my PS3.
thorin33

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds