Streaming issues from Older Powerbook G4

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Streaming issues from Older Powerbook G4

Postby applestapler » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi there,

I'm really pleased with the easy-to-use interface of the PS3 Media Server. I am new to this all so it was a great surprise! I instantly connected and was able to browse my older Apple Powerbook without any issues, save one.

I tried queuing up an album of MP3s (stored on my Powerbook) on the PS3 and there was a ~30 second delay before each track played. For a lack of better term, I imagined this is the data "buffering" as the PS3 prepares to play each track. Is there any way for me to adjust a setting that would help prevent this from happening? I haven't tested video streaming yet, hopefully there's no issues there.

My specs are:

Apple Powerbook G4
Display: 15.2" TFT matte LCD display, 1280×854
Processor: 1 GHz PowerPC G4 with 256 KB backside L2 cache and 1 MB backside L3 cache
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with 64 MB of DDR SDRAM
Hard Drive: 100GB Seagate
Memory: 512 MB (two 256 MB) of PC133 SDRAM
Airport: Integrated 802.11b
DVD/CD Drive: 1x DVD-R write, 6x DVD read, 8x CD-R write, 24x CD read
Connections: 2 x USB 1.1, VGA, DVI, FireWire 400, 1/8" audio output, 1/8" audio output/input, 10/100 Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.11
PMS: v1.04
Java: 1.5 (I cannot update higher because of my OS)
applestapler

Re: Streaming issues from Older Powerbook G4

Postby OtisLambert » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm

applestapler wrote:Hi there,

I'm really pleased with the easy-to-use interface of the PS3 Media Server. I am new to this all so it was a great surprise! I instantly connected and was able to browse my older Apple Powerbook without any issues, save one.

I tried queuing up an album of MP3s (stored on my Powerbook) on the PS3 and there was a ~30 second delay before each track played. For a lack of better term, I imagined this is the data "buffering" as the PS3 prepares to play each track. Is there any way for me to adjust a setting that would help prevent this from happening? I haven't tested video streaming yet, hopefully there's no issues there.

My specs are:

Apple Powerbook G4
Display: 15.2" TFT matte led light display, 1280×854
Processor: 1 GHz PowerPC G4 with 256 KB backside L2 cache and 1 MB backside L3 cache
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with 64 MB of DDR SDRAM
Hard Drive: 100GB Seagate
Memory: 512 MB (two 256 MB) of PC133 SDRAM
Airport: Integrated 802.11b
DVD/CD Drive: 1x DVD-R write, 6x DVD read, 8x CD-R write, 24x CD read
Connections: 2 x USB 1.1, VGA, DVI, FireWire 400, 1/8" audio output, 1/8" audio output/input, 10/100 Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.11
PMS: v1.04

Java: 1.5 (I cannot update higher because of my OS)

hello friend sorry for old thread reply and I hope you were able to sort out the issue? I am facing similar problem so can you tell the way to sort it out? Please reply
OtisLambert

Return to Mac OS X Support