pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx [beta] <- media library extension

Postby taconaut » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 am

@Dennis
You want to execute the shell script to launch pms
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby dennisv1982 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:21 am

taconaut wrote:@Dennis
You want to execute the shell script to launch pms

thanks! that did the trick! Can i add it somewhere as a shortcut or in the menu??

thanks1
dennisv1982

Postby taconaut » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:34 am

I'm not using linux systems often myself, but google should know ;)
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby dennisv1982 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:34 pm

hehe ok, iĺl try google it some more... tried last night without any luck.
but thank you so much because i just tried it and it works fantastic!
dennisv1982

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:49 pm

dennisv1982 wrote:Can i add it somewhere as a shortcut or in the menu?

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:26 am

dennisv1982 wrote:hehe ok, iĺl try google it some more... tried last night without any luck.
but thank you so much because i just tried it and it works fantastic!

Happy to here everything works well :) With chocolateboys links you should also be able to configure the shortcuts now
taconaut
Project Member

Postby BantryRed » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Ok, just did a little bit more testing, and the Library seems to only import files(movies) that it can trans-code, as in, there is no avi files in my Library. Did a clear out of my library, uninstall-ed PMS, restarted, reinstalled, scanned(do I scan folders only on your Media Library tab, or also on the Navigation/Share tab) and I've no avi, only mkv (and what ever needs to be trans-coded)
BantryRed

Postby meskibob » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:11 pm

BantryRed wrote:Ok, just did a little bit more testing, and the Library seems to only import files(movies) that it can trans-code, as in, there is no avi files in my Library. Did a clear out of my library, uninstall-ed PMS, restarted, reinstalled, scanned(do I scan folders only on your Media Library tab, or also on the Navigation/Share tab) and I've no avi, only mkv (and what ever needs to be trans-coded)

AVI's worked fine for me when I tested. Are you sure you're not seeing the issue below? (Not sure if the fixed version is available yet)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9775&start=30#p45048
meskibob wrote:@taconaut:
It looks like anything with a non-lowercase extension (eg .Iso or .M2TS) is not being inserted into the database.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby taconaut » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Meskibob is probably right; all files that the original pms can play should be imported (pms-mlx uses the exact same list of allowed extensions).
There was another issue reported mentioning only files having been imported using TMDb worked. Haven't looked into this one yet though.

As I'm currently finalizing the first draft of the library view (where you can see all files you've got but can't edit them for now), I'll put a new version online as soon as I got rid of all the bugs; probably this week.

do I scan folders only on your Media Library tab, or also on the Navigation/Share tab

Short answer: You only have to scan folders on the media library tab

Technical answer: The files being imported into the media library use the same mechanism as the original pms for properties read from file (e.g. frame rate, audio languages etc). This means that the library asks pms for all these properties. If you've got the original media library activated, pms will return the properties stored there (if available) without actually reading the file.
So, we've got the information stored in the video file itself, a first cache on the original media library level and a second one on the pms-mlx level.
Not sure it will stay like this, but it was the easiest way to integrate the new media library without having to change too much in the original code.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby lartomar2002 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 pm

taconaut, can i use this viewtopic.php?t=2126&f=12 by jaqb with pms-mix or do i need it ?
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain!
lartomar2002

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds