Run PMS and PlayOn Simultaneously?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Run PMS and PlayOn Simultaneously?

Postby mattrk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:08 am

Simple question. Is it possible to run PMS and playon simultaneously on the same pc? Obviously i would only be viewing content from one media server at a time. (Not both simultaneously) I just don't want to constantly have to switch between the two apps. (Currently PMS is sitting in a deidcated headless box...) I'd like them to both be accessable to me at any time.

Thanks!
mattrk

Re: Run PMS and PlayOn Simultaneously?

Postby zomgheals » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:34 am

Cant see why you couldnt :\

just install both apps and have both run
zomgheals

Postby j2048b » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:10 am

mattrk wrote:Simple question. Is it possible to run PMS and playon simultaneously on the same pc? Obviously i would only be viewing content from one media server at a time. (Not both simultaneously) I just don't want to constantly have to switch between the two apps. (Currently PMS is sitting in a deidcated headless box...) I'd like them to both be accessable to me at any time.

Thanks!

it works just fine!!

i do this and no probs what so ever!!

one question though...

i have 2 ps3's and wanted to know if i could use playon for one and pms for the other at the same time?

probably not wirelessly but maybe?
j2048b

Postby gate1975mlm » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:05 pm

j2048b wrote:
mattrk wrote:Simple question. Is it possible to run PMS and playon simultaneously on the same pc? Obviously i would only be viewing content from one media server at a time. (Not both simultaneously) I just don't want to constantly have to switch between the two apps. (Currently PMS is sitting in a deidcated headless box...) I'd like them to both be accessable to me at any time.

Thanks!

it works just fine!!

one question though...

i have 2 ps3's and wanted to know if i could use playon for one and pms for the other at the same time?

If you mean can you watch 2 things at the same time then yes you can do it. Or at least I can anyway.

I have both PlayOn and PS3 Media Server and 2 PS3's in my house also.

So yes one person can be watching a movie using PS3 Media Server and at the same time someone else can be watching ESPN highligts using PlayOn :)

2 people can also watch 2 different things at the sametime using PS3 Media Server :)
gate1975mlm

Postby j2048b » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:28 pm

gate1975mlm wrote:
j2048b wrote:

Thanks!

thanks,

but what kind of set up do you have?

wouldnt your computer bogg down?

and are you wired/wireless?

it works just fine!!

one question though...

If you mean can you watch 2 things at the same time then yes you can do it. Or at least I can anyway.

So yes one person can be watching a movie using PS3 Media Server and at the same time someone else can be watching ESPN highligts using PlayOn :)

2 people can also watch 2 different things at the sametime using PS3 Media Server :)
j2048b

Postby j2048b » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:29 pm

gate1975mlm wrote:
j2048b wrote:

Thanks!

it works just fine!!

one question though...

thanks,

but what kind of set up do you have?

wouldnt your computer bogg down?

and are you wired/wireless?
j2048b

Postby gate1975mlm » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:37 pm

One is wired and one is wireless.

My computer still seems to run fine while too people were watching things.

My computer is a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz 4GB of Ram
gate1975mlm

Postby j2048b » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 pm

gate1975mlm wrote:One is wired and one is wireless.

My computer still seems to run fine while too people were watching things.

My computer is a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz 4GB of Ram

haha, of course core 2 dou,

try doing it on a pentium d 2 core 2.8, not going to happen on my end!!

my wireless must suck!! and my computer is a dell dimension 9100 from about 5 years ago,

but hopefully getting a 2.66 quad core mac pro here really soon!!

that will help me!!
j2048b

Return to General Help and Support