pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx [beta] <- media library extension

Postby taconaut » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 am

The wiki main page has been updated and the one describing the tree structure created. Please shout, if you miss some info that should be there.

The next version will make use of AdditionalFolder(s)AtRoot; finally found a simple way to integrate them (thanks to chocolateboy for testing).

Does anyone besides cholocolateboy and me actually use pms-mlx? I'd love to get some feedback on how simple/complicated it is to use and what could be done better.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:52 am

I wanted to find duplicate files in the library and came up with following SQL query that might be useful to others
Code: Select all
SELECT FILE.FOLDERPATH, FILE.FILENAME, VIDEO.NAME, SIZEBYTE
FROM FILE
LEFT JOIN VIDEO ON FILE.ID = VIDEO.FILEID
WHERE FILE.FILENAME IN (SELECT FILENAME
                        FROM FILE
                        GROUP BY FILENAME
                        HAVING ( COUNT(FILENAME) > 1 ))
OR VIDEO.NAME IN (SELECT NAME
                    FROM VIDEO
                    GROUP BY NAME
                    HAVING ( COUNT(NAME) > 1 ))
ORDER BY VIDEO.NAME ASC
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Freakapotamus » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:37 am

Is it possible to get the #Transcode# Folder to show up like the normal version of PS3 Media Server?
Freakapotamus

Postby BantryRed » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:06 am

taconaut,
Ive tried this out and love the way the media is displayed and also the movie info, the bad,,, ive no other plugins and everything is sent through mencoder. Otherwise thank you.
BantryRed

Postby taconaut » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Freakapotamus wrote:Is it possible to get the #Transcode# Folder to show up like the normal version of PS3 Media Server?

If you have selected to show the transcode folder, it will show up in all plugin folders (file system, iTunes etc.). For media library folders it has been deleted on purpose (but might become configurable sometime). For now you have to manually add such a folder wherever you want it to show up. To have a folder looking exactly like the transcode one, you can to this:
- Create a new folder with name #Transcode#
- Set the file display mode to folder
- Create a new view
- add a 'File' to the root folder
- Select 'Multiple file selection', to add the same files as shown in the original transcode folder (this uses the exact same code)
Now you've configured one folder to show a transcode folder. To add it to others, you can copy (ctrl+c) and then paste it (ctrl+v) as often as you want

BantryRed wrote:Ive tried this out and love the way the media is displayed and also the movie info, the bad,,, ive no other plugins and everything is sent through mencoder. Otherwise thank you.

Cool :) Plugins will be supported in the next release. Nothing should have changed regarding the engine that is being used, but as I'm always using mencoder, I might have missed something. Anyone else can confirm this behavior?
taconaut
Project Member

Postby BantryRed » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:29 pm

With the mencoder thing, if in the "Navigation/Share Settings" tab, and unmark "Hide transcoding engine names", [mencoder] allways shows after the file name on my ps3.
BantryRed

Postby Freakapotamus » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 am

taconaut wrote:
Freakapotamus wrote:Is it possible to get the #Transcode# Folder to show up like the normal version of PS3 Media Server?

If you have selected to show the transcode folder, it will show up in all plugin folders (file system, iTunes etc.). For media library folders it has been deleted on purpose (but might become configurable sometime). For now you have to manually add such a folder wherever you want it to show up. To have a folder looking exactly like the transcode one, you can to this:
- Create a new folder with name #Transcode#
- Set the file display mode to folder
- Create a new view
- add a 'File' to the root folder
- Select 'Multiple file selection', to add the same files as shown in the original transcode folder (this uses the exact same code)
Now you've configured one folder to show a transcode folder. To add it to others, you can copy (ctrl+c) and then paste it (ctrl+v) as often as you want

It does indeed work for file system folders thank you, but i cant seem to get it working with the media library with the manual way you described. It displays all the files in folders form and then as soon as i select the folder it just tells me that it is empty.
Freakapotamus

Postby taconaut » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:02 pm

BantryRed wrote:With the mencoder thing, if in the "Navigation/Share Settings" tab, and unmark "Hide transcoding engine names", [mencoder] allways shows after the file name on my ps3.

Does it show another engine name when you use the original pms with the same files?
I haven't changed anything on purpose that would influence this behaviour compared to the original pms.

Freakapotamus wrote:It does indeed work for file system folders thank you, but i cant seem to get it working with the media library with the manual way you described. It displays all the files in folders form and then as soon as i select the folder it just tells me that it is empty.

Have you reached the max folder depth that is 8 for the ps3? If not you might have found a bug; please have a look in the media library logs (<application_dir>/logs) and check if you see error messages or post them here.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby BantryRed » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Haven't had a chance to do alot of testing lately, but on the most up to date and the other PMS it only shows [mencoder] when needed, my avi etc dont show it, and also I don't think it is using tsmuxer either(have to double check that), wont have a chance to test more till the weekend. Ill get back to you then. Ta.
BantryRed

Postby dennisv1982 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 pm

hi there, i really need your help.... i am new to linux, i installed ubuntu and i have the problem with the normal psm that i have to go to to many folder before i am able to select my usb drive.
Which results in not being able to choose the transcode folder for using subtitles on a DVD.

I see this version and seems great to me, but i downloaded the package.. how can i install it??

sorry but thanks in advance!!

Dennis
dennisv1982

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds