Latest SVN build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: Latest Windows/Linux SVN discussion

Postby otmanix » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:04 pm

once again, latest svn builds (r496) for Windows, Linux/UNIX and OS X are available at my blog : http://otmanix.de/english/2011/02/12/ps3-media-server-1-21-0-r496/
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby SubJunk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 pm

otmanix wrote:Hi SubJunk,
what about renaming the thread to "Latest Windows/Linux/OSX SVN discussion"?

For all Mac OS X svn enthusiasts...I have written a howto for compiling PMS on OS X: http://otmanix.de/english/2011/02/12/co ... -mac-os-x/

Have a nice weekend and DIY ;)

nice one :) i've changed the title
SubJunk

Postby ExSport » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:20 am

otmanix wrote:once again, latest svn builds (r496) for Windows, Linux/UNIX and OS X are available at my blog : http://otmanix.de/english/2011/02/12/ps3-media-server-1-21-0-r496/

Thanks Otmanix for your build to assure me there is a bug in MEncoder syntax construction (and it is not problem of my special build compiled).
It seems there is a bug in latest alpha because MT settings is ignored.
PMS always build MEncoder path with MEncoder.exe and not MEncoder_mt.exe for h264 files.
EDIT: I see that all config files are "profiled" outside installation dir(due to possible access denied problems I suppose).If so, it should be good to move Database also for same purpose ;)
Same for debug.log 8-)
FOUND THE PROBLEM:
Problem is file parsing with new FFmpeg (git-c9e16a9 is root cause why h264 files are not detected)
Last edited by ExSport on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ExSport

Re: Latest SVN build discussion

Postby SubJunk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:29 am

i'm in the process of writing some new code for that, which i will test in the next SB release
SubJunk

Postby ExSport » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:02 am

Hi guys
It seems newer version of netty used in cvs deprecated type "ChannelPipelineCoverage", method "getContentLength" + "copiedBuffer".
How danger is it? Below is code parts summed together which has this warning in RequestHandlerV2.java:
Code: Select all
import org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelPipelineCoverage;
@ChannelPipelineCoverage("one")
if (nettyRequest.getContentLength() > 0) {
   byte data[] = new byte[(int) nettyRequest.getContentLength()];
response.setContent(ChannelBuffers.copiedBuffer("Failure: " + status.toString() + "\r\n", "UTF-8"));

Also compiling with ANT will warn you same way.
ExSport

Postby HisDivineOrder » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks to Otmanix's awesome guide, I've started compiling my own builds of PMS. Love the program, been using it for years, but I was always annoyed that I kept waiting on others to give me quicker versions of the latest code. No longer having to do that. Thing is, for like one version way back, you guys had the GUI on the status page perfect for my 1366x768 laptop's resolution so there were no scroll bars, no nothing but just pure page fitting perfectly. I think I read that someone complained it didn't work right in another OS (not Windows 7) and so it was changed back to the way it originally was. Well, I tinkered with the photos and reduced every image file to 75% their original size, including power and renderer icons, which gave me back a status screen without scroll bars, etc. I adjust the icons when they are changed, but so far my microIcon version (as I call it) seems to work well for the picky me.

In particular, I reduced the photo that always shows up just below "status" (aka ps3slim_243.png and the other icons that correspond to this location) to 50% less because all it does is show you if you found a PS3 or not. I'm wondering now... why even have that image there? What purpose does that giant PS3 icon serve at this point?

We already have a list of all the renderers that are being detected, so I'm not sure why we need a giant PS3 if there is a PS3 detected when we already have a PS3 icon below that also tells us its detected and then even gives us the connection speed? Removing that redundant image would really clean up the status screen and might even give you room to add an option to combine status and a "lighter" version of trace that just gives info on when PMS starts a file using TSmuxer vs mencoder vs whatever, etc. That is, more status, less pictures.

Anyways, thanks for all that you guys do with this project and I'll keep making my microIcon version if I have to. Just thought I'd toss out the feedback and let you guys do what you will with it.
HisDivineOrder

Postby mazey » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:42 am

heh i totally agree i run at 1440x900 resolution and i get a scrollbar on my status page basically its 1/2 a line too big so i get the scroll bar, i think the ps3 x and the yellow ! should all be reduced abit there kinda huge. about 25% to 50% or even taken away completely. also the save restart and quit are kinda big also imo smaller looks more pro and cooler.. basically we just need to shrink that page abit so its not so clogged up. i like seeing the detected renderers though its nice to see my bravia tv / ps3 on my pc haha but the whole top bit really isnt relevent all the things are in detected renderers, atm u have a ps3 u see ps3 twice. u have a bravia u see it once and u see a big yellow ! nothings detected well it doesnt show in detected renderers and u see a big X. either reduce its size or get rid of it completely, im in favour of removing the ps3 ! and X completely.
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Postby otmanix » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:57 am

latest OS tools discussion
### UPDATE ####
I moved this topic to seperate thread: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9878
Last edited by otmanix on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
otmanix

Postby SubJunk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:00 am

Please try to keep it on-topic, otmanix. It would be good if you can make that post somewhere else and I can delete it from here (or tell me where you want me to move it)
SubJunk

Postby otmanix » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:14 am

I don't know. Is there a thread about new versions of mencoder, ffmpeg, tsmuxer, etc?
In my opinion it would be helpful for this project that also the tools for OS X are up to date. But it seems that nobody cares about that.
otmanix

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds