Is it possible to edit Menu Structure

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Is it possible to edit Menu Structure

Postby roylt84 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:56 am

I want a 'View by Day' folder for my videos as a top level menu item along with my custom folders, would make it easier on the wife to view new downloads without having to navigate through all the sub folders. Is it possible to edit the folder structure?
roylt84

Re: Is it possible to edit Menu Structure

Postby roylt84 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:18 am

bump
roylt84

Postby devildog93 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 am

I wouldn't think so. The folder structure you see on your renderer is just a reflection of the structure you have on your serving platform. I would think you could maybe create another virtual folder like the #transcode# folder, or the #video settings# folder. How to do that, I have no idea.

Probably have to get the source and mod it, then recompile..... I would think. But even if you could, you would need to create some kind of script/batch file that sort/seperate files based on their creation date.

I could be totally wrong and maybe there is some simple way.
devildog93

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:21 pm

roylt84 wrote:Is it possible to edit the folder structure?

Yes. It can be done with pms-mlx.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby roylt84 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks for the post, works perfectly. Now if we can find to enable deleting videos while browsing from the PS3
roylt84

Postby ExSport » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:48 pm

It is not problem but quite stupid. It is not so hard to make "bad click" so you will delete anything accidentally. Also some renderers can pre-cache data and by this it can invoke deletion process without knowing...
ExSport

Postby taconaut » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:29 pm

ExSport wrote:It is not problem but quite stupid. It is not so hard to make "bad click" so you will delete anything accidentally. Also some renderers can pre-cache data and by this it can invoke deletion process without knowing...

I've played with a plugin for rating a movie on tmdb from the ps3. You've got a folder with 20 'videos' that when played, rate the movie 10-0. A funny behavior was that with an iPhone client which was configured by default to play one file after the other, when selecting the one rating 10, it played all, continuing with 9.5, 9, 8.5... You don't want to have this happen when deleting files.
Technically, it would be pretty simple to do this, but I don't think it would be a good idea either (also for the pre-caching).
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:36 am

I agree, we don't want to loose files/photos accidentally 8-)
ExSport

Return to General Help and Support