pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx [beta] <- media library extension

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:08 am

Mranonoman wrote:If a movie is wrong, or not found I'd like to be able to fix it.

Tip:

If a movie is not found on TMDb (or the TMDb data is inaccurate/incomplete): get a free TMDb account and create/edit the info there. Then rename the file(s) temporarily to something like "Title (YYYY).tmp"; then "clean" the library (i.e. remove deleted videos from the database); then rename the file(s) back again e.g. Title (YYYY).tmp -> Title (YYYY).ext; then re-scan.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 pm

lot2smile4 wrote:I haven't had a full look at the folder structure on the TV yet, but it does look quite good...
This is just the initial folder structure, ment to give some ideas about what you can do. Unfortunately, you can' edit it without a GUI.

lot2smile4 wrote:is there a way of mass-(un)marking files as watched??
No, there isn't. Neither through he gui nor the web services. If you have a way to connect to the database, it would be quite easy to edit it there.

lot2smile4 wrote:I had a brief look at some of the films/series that I have scanned so far, and it is a bit of a jumble... I wonder if there is a nicer way that I can do a separation of movies and TV series... for now I will just be doing movies... but in the future I may need my TV series working too... perhaps I could run standard PMS in parallel to organise the TV stuff.
The way I'm using it (again the gui is needed), is that I've set a filter 'folder path starts with xxx' for the root folder for movies and am showing the tv shows the same way, as it's being shown in the original pms (using the file system plugin, which is mostly a copy/paste of the original code. It has an additional feature to group all files and folders from a set of folders into a single one).

Mranonoman wrote:Love this add-on so far! I'm still tinkering ... :).
Cool! Keep tinkering :)

Mranonoman wrote:Only found 1 major issue. If the movie is not found in the TMDb, the transcode folder will not work.
Ok, I'll check that. There's no reason why this shouldn't work when the TMDb info couldn't be read. On the other hand it requires the file to be read properly using MovieInfo.

Mranonoman wrote:Also, is it possible to edit the TMDb info locally? If a movie is wrong, or not found I'd like to be able to fix it.
Chocolateboys tip is the way to go for now. At some point you'll be able to edit and re-import these parameters, but for now there's nothing at all (besides editing the database itself).

The media library jobs can be categorized into three groups. To have a rough idea of how complete a package is, here some estimations:
- File import: 80%
- File information maintenance/editing: 0%
- Configuration of the folder structure that will show up on the renderer: 90%
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Tip (advanced; not recommended for most users):

The h2 database used by pms-mlx has a nice web interface for querying and modifying the database:

http://www.h2database.com/html/tutorial ... h2_console

Make sure you a) shut down PMS and b) back up the database before using the console. On Linux, the database files can be found in:

Code: Select all
$HOME/.config/PMS/database

On Windows:

%APPDATA%/PMS/database

On Mac OS X:

$HOME/Library/Caches/PMS/database

Failing that, check the PMS installation dir e.g.:

$PMS_HOME/database
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby meskibob » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:59 pm

@taconaut:
It looks like anything with a non-lowercase extension (eg .Iso or .M2TS) is not being inserted into the database.
Apart from that excellent work :)
Still gotta figure out what it can do.

@chocolateboy: I'm only seeing the Information Schema system tables through the H2 web console, and I get nothing when I set up an OpenOffice ODB database with a JDBC connection to the H2 database (not even the system tables, and yes the H2 driver has been added to the Java classpath). Any thoughts or places to point me to (nothing showed up in my googling)?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:31 pm

meskibob wrote:@chocolateboy: I'm only seeing the Information Schema system tables through the H2 web console

Make sure the JDBC path is right. For me, on Linux, it's:

jdbc:h2:/home/chocolateboy/.config/PMS/database/pms_media_library.db

It may need escaping on Windows.

The username should be:

sa

The password should be blank.

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby meskibob » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks. It's now working with both the console and my ODB.
My tips for others regarding connecting to the database:
Tip #1: Don't clear out the default "sa" username :D
Tip #2: For those on Windows, ignore the additional .h2.db that gets tacked on to the end of the pms_media_library.db extension.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby taconaut » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:41 pm

chocolateboy wrote:http://www.h2database.com/html/tutorial.html#tutorial_starting_h2_console
Wasn't even aware of this. I've always been using DBVisualizer

meskibob wrote:It looks like anything with a non-lowercase extension (eg .Iso or .M2TS) is not being inserted into the database.
Thanks, made file extension lookup case insensitive.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby travisp » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:15 am

This seems to work well for me too. The only downside is that I don't care about video, only audio and pictures. So, waiting patiently :D.

A great option for video, audio, or pictures, however, would be some way to enable a random sort order. I would love to be able to select a folder and play what's in it randomly, or at least configure a folder than plays things randomly.
travisp

Postby taconaut » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 am

travisp wrote:This seems to work well for me too. The only downside is that I don't care about video, only audio and pictures. So, waiting patiently :D.

A great option for video, audio, or pictures, however, would be some way to enable a random sort order. I would love to be able to select a folder and play what's in it randomly, or at least configure a folder than plays things randomly.
Adding a random sort for all folders could be done. In order to keep the folder update mechanism as simple as it can, each time you enter a folder with random sort order, all the files would have to be reloaded and will show up sorted differently. The first time you open the folder it would be as fast as for any other folder; the subsequent entries (going back out and in again) would be slower though, as all the previously shown files would have to be removed, before adding the new ones again. Would this do the trick?

As I'm no photo-expert at all, I'd like to have some input on how to apply the filtering mechanism to photos. Currently, only following parameters can be stored in the db for photos: width, height, exposure, iso and orientation; this is beside the default file properties, like path, creation date etc. Are there other parameters that would be available for most digital photos, you would be interested to have stored (exif), which would allow to filter and sort pictures on?
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:54 am

Started using the sourceforge tracker to track bugs and feature requests.
Please use it to add/edit issues or post in this thread and I'll update it there. Hope everything that came up until now has been added, except requests related to editing file information, as this will all be covered by the library view.
Last edited by taconaut on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taconaut
Project Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds