Stuttering - maybe a solution

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Stuttering - maybe a solution

Postby Jake101 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 pm

^

Would like to know this too.

Connecting yo my 360, has no record of bandwidth.
Jake101

Postby Chrisfgee » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am

I see in the traces the connection speed, where do I change the max bandwidh to match?
Chrisfgee

Postby dubsteppin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 pm

I'd like to know this too please, where do you find the optimal connection speed within your log? as in what it connects to as stated in post by Demaster and FloydSummerOf68
dubsteppin

Postby RedSwirl » Sat May 07, 2011 6:14 pm

P3RCUL8OR wrote:within the trace log, how can i tell what bandwidth i'm connecting at? thanks.

I can't find this information either.
RedSwirl

Postby KBJ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:43 pm

I believe it's towards the very end of the log, the line that says,

By the way, I realize this thread is somewhat old but it concerns a problem I've had for quite some and I finally decided to look into seeing if it can rectified.
KBJ

Postby meskibob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:11 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby adesantUK » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Old topic, but my trace log never shows the estimated connection speed, have they removed this element from the log now?
adesantUK

Postby ipekarik » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:09 pm

I have huge issues with stuttering (catastrophic, jumps several minutes of video between frames) with my setup. I know it's not a rendering issue (I'm using CoreAVC w/ CUDA and the buffer fills up to 600 MB in less than 2 minutes, so the transcoding seems to be flawless). However, I never get over 1 Mb/s of bitrate towards my PS3!

I'm wired all the way (100 Mbit/s). I have the same issue regardless of the maximum bandwidth setting in PS3 MS. Traces show the PS3 is connected with the speed up to 96 Mb/s, I tried matching that in max. bandwith limiter and it didn't help.

I know it's not a cabling issue, because my network speed in other tasks is excellent.

Setup:
- 100 Mbit LAN, auto duplex settings on PS3 and on the PC (will try forcing half-duplex next)
- UPNP enabled
- Win7 64-bit / Core i5 / 8 GB RAM / nVIDIA GTX 560 Ti
- CCCP codec pack (w/o .H264 codec, using CoreAVC) + Avisynth 2.5.7 with VSFilter (.dll is properly registered)
- PS3 MS - Avisynth/MEncoder forced, CoreAVC and my GeForce do kick in during streaming, CPU at comfortable 60%

Any ideas?
ipekarik

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:12 am

Did you try the FAQ?
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby ipekarik » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Sure, that's where I found out how to further improve transcoding with CoreAVC, and where I found (and tried) tricks like forcing half-duplex on the network, limiting the bandwidth like this thread says and numerous other things. Nothing works. :(

Obviously the connection/cabling is fine; traces show a 90 - 96 Mbit/s connection to the PS3, the PS3 downloads games and updates flawlessly and to the full extent of my internet connection, torrents on my PC simply fly... It's all fine and dandy - but the media server never goes over 1 Mbit/s while sending data (the buffer is, I repeat, full, no transcoding issues - the same happens on the poorest video quality too).

I fail to see the network bottleneck.
ipekarik

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support