All AVIs appear as divX

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

All AVIs appear as divX

Postby titanax » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:19 am

Hi,

How do I check is ffdshow is transcoding properly? Currently all my AVIs appear as DivX. I have a similar problem with Bleach episode 168, it says unsupported format. But when I use TVersity it works fine as show as MPEG-1.

How do I get change the avis to play a MPEG-1?
titanax

Re: All AVIs appear as divX

Postby meskibob » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Bleach 168, if you got it from DB, is when they switched to H.264 from DivX. Anything before that episode will stream fine. That episode and after needs to be played from the #Transcoded# folder.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Subject2Change » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:22 pm

MPEG-1 from TVersity is a transcoded file. AVIs being encoded in DIVX is fairly normal and that will result in streaming back fine. As stated below anything that gives you an unsupported message means you need to force a transcode by accessing the #Transcode# Folder and that will create a seperate folder for each of your files. Simply enter the one which needs to be transcoded and use the various transcoding engines to play it back.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Postby titanax » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:55 am

great! thanks to both of you :D
titanax

Postby darkonex » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:54 am

See I don't get this. I just updated to 1.10.1 and found that for all AVI files I now have to go into the transcoded folder to play them. This was NOT the case before updating, I NEVER had to go into the transcoded folder to play any videos no matter what type they are, and I have played probably thousands of videos through this now. So what has changed to cause this? One thing I did was on one of them I renamed it to .mkv and then I could play it without going in the transcoded folder which was also odd.
darkonex

Postby Procyon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:47 am

Try and go back to the last version you had... and re-test it to be sure.

Are you using Windows?
Procyon

Return to General Help and Support