Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Postby mazey » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 am

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ail?id=737

since alot of ppl use bravia's it would be nice to get this fixed, or looked into since it doesnt happen with other media servers i dont think its anything major just a bug somewhere? the listing is so slow.. i dont have a problem with it showing it just takes forever it seems every 32 files it pauses for a few seconds then continues to list the rest slowly. even without that pause its still slow. not sure whats up with it or what its doing.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby Blade_Beam » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Shagrath, I noticed something about the Max Bitrate Limit. I was helping my brother set up PMS over Wifi for his PS3 (I use a wired connection) and he was trying to limit the bitrate to 15 Mbps and had his Mpeg2 qualtiy set to Low WiFI and he was still having the bitrate jump over the limit he set with the rip he was using (he was using a 1080 rip, I know). Well, I was playing around helping a friend out and I noticed that the PS3.conf file has the VideoMaxBitrateMbps=0 while the 360 is set to 30, so I got to thinking that maybe the render config files were overruling the PMS.conf settings. So I tried an experiment for my brother, since I'm connected through a wired connection, I leave everything maxed out for best quality, well, I set the PS3.conf limit to 15 and left all of my PMS.conf settings the way I always keep them, max bitrate=0, etc, and I played a 720 rip and a mkv of Howl's Moving Castle whose opening in the hat store always gives me problems because I have the video scaler on set to 1080, it'll still go 100+ mbps over a wired connection and overflow my network and stutter. Well, after setting the PS3.conf to 15, my bitrate never passed 15, the highest I obtained, with all of my other settings intact, was 14.6. So I think there may be a problem in the code where the render configs overrule the PMS.conf.

So for any of you having bitrate problems, especially over wifi, find your render's config file in the Renders folder and change the VideoMaxBitrateMbps to a more manageable level, somewhere around 15 or so and that should fix your bitrate problem for now.
Blade_Beam

Postby mazey » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 pm

thought id finnaly get around to testing something the bravia 5500 renderer config file, said mediainfo needs testing well it actually works alot better with it enabled. mpgs/mpegs would before mostly come out blocky for some reason sometimes even with a black screen, since ive enabled it they play fine also played a whole bunch of avi's/mp3's/jpgs/mpgs without any problems whatsover so maybe we could put this in the official build now i havent made any other changes to the file.

bravia5500.conf
Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bravia 5500 series
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony Bravia 5500 Series
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=notusedhere
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+5[0-9]{3})|(BRAVIA KDL.+WE5)|(BRAVIA KDL-[0-9]{2}XBR9)
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
StreamExtensions=

#Better/faster codec detection method ! true to enable it
MediaInfo=true
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts    v:mpeg2|mp4|h264    a:ac3|lpcm|aac|mpa   m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mp3   m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:wav   m:audio/L16
Supported = f:jpg   m:image/jpeg
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby maccroche » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:12 pm

otmanix wrote:Hi there, I have compiled version 415 for you: http://otmanix.de/english/2011/01/13/ps3-media-server-1-20-415/
Greetings, Otmanix

Vielen Dank!!
lg
* Current version installed: pms-setup-windows-1.21.0-SB16.exe
* XP with SP 3
* Sony Bravia KDL 32V5500, firmware PKG1.741EA
* Java build 1.6.0_24-b07
* PMSencoder 1.4.0
maccroche

Postby maccroche » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Hallo mazey,
thank you for this conf file, I will try it with my bravia V5500!
Have you also tested the internet radio and internt video streaming? Does it work correctly?

mazey wrote:thought id finnaly get around to testing something the bravia 5500 renderer config file, said mediainfo needs testing well it actually works alot better with it enabled. mpgs/mpegs would before mostly come out blocky for some reason sometimes even with a black screen, since ive enabled it they play fine also played a whole bunch of avi's/mp3's/jpgs/mpgs without any problems whatsover so maybe we could put this in the official build now i havent made any other changes to the file.

bravia5500.conf
Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bravia 5500 series
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony Bravia 5500 Series
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=notusedhere
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+5[0-9]{3})|(BRAVIA KDL.+WE5)|(BRAVIA KDL-[0-9]{2}XBR9)
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
StreamExtensions=

#Better/faster codec detection method ! true to enable it
MediaInfo=true
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts    v:mpeg2|mp4|h264    a:ac3|lpcm|aac|mpa   m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mp3   m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:wav   m:audio/L16
Supported = f:jpg   m:image/jpeg
* Current version installed: pms-setup-windows-1.21.0-SB16.exe
* XP with SP 3
* Sony Bravia KDL 32V5500, firmware PKG1.741EA
* Java build 1.6.0_24-b07
* PMSencoder 1.4.0
maccroche

Postby Madoka » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Blade_Beam wrote:So for any of you having bitrate problems, especially over wifi, find your render's config file in the Renders folder and change the VideoMaxBitrateMbps to a more manageable level, somewhere around 15 or so and that should fix your bitrate problem for now.

I just tried this with build 415 as I get stuttering all the time, but it doesn't work for me. It'll still spike to >50 depending on what I am playing.
Madoka

Postby Blade_Beam » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Madoka wrote:
Blade_Beam wrote:So for any of you having bitrate problems, especially over wifi, find your render's config file in the Renders folder and change the VideoMaxBitrateMbps to a more manageable level, somewhere around 15 or so and that should fix your bitrate problem for now.

I just tried this with build 415 as I get stuttering all the time, but it doesn't work for me. It'll still spike to >50 depending on what I am playing.

My brother was having the same problem, apparently I didn't have files with big enough original bitrates to cause trouble, but he went and found the .conf files in a temp directory and deleted them because the program was still using the old temp .conf files before the modifications were made by him.
Blade_Beam

Postby meskibob » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Blade_Beam wrote:Shagrath, I noticed something about the Max Bitrate Limit. I was helping my brother set up PMS over Wifi for his PS3 (I use a wired connection) and he was trying to limit the bitrate to 15 Mbps and had his Mpeg2 qualtiy set to Low WiFI and he was still having the bitrate jump over the limit he set with the rip he was using (he was using a 1080 rip, I know). Well, I was playing around helping a friend out and I noticed that the PS3.conf file has the VideoMaxBitrateMbps=0 while the 360 is set to 30, so I got to thinking that maybe the render config files were overruling the PMS.conf settings. So I tried an experiment for my brother, since I'm connected through a wired connection, I leave everything maxed out for best quality, well, I set the PS3.conf limit to 15 and left all of my PMS.conf settings the way I always keep them, max bitrate=0, etc, and I played a 720 rip and a mkv of Howl's Moving Castle whose opening in the hat store always gives me problems because I have the video scaler on set to 1080, it'll still go 100+ mbps over a wired connection and overflow my network and stutter. Well, after setting the PS3.conf to 15, my bitrate never passed 15, the highest I obtained, with all of my other settings intact, was 14.6. So I think there may be a problem in the code where the render configs overrule the PMS.conf.

This is working as intended. It's not that the renderer overrules, it's that PMS uses the lower of the two values (remember that 0 is unlimited).
In the case of your brother with the PS3 on wifi, the "bitrate jump" is due to the PS3 reporting the wrong bandwidth during stuttering.
In your case, the initial values were both unlimited, so it stayed unlimited. Then you forced 15 on one, so it forced 15. If you set the PS3.conf to 100 and PMS.conf to 15 you should see it force 15.
As for stuttering in general - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=90#p42818
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby otmanix » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:37 pm

SubJunk and Chocolateboy did a great job, lots of changes have been implemented recently. You might be interested in PMS 1.20.439 which I have compiled for you:
http://otmanix.de/english/2011/01/17/ps3-media-server-1-20-439/
Have a nice evening, Otmanix
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby ottoman1384 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:46 pm

otmanix wrote:SubJunk and Chocolateboy did a great job, lots of changes have been implemented recently. You might be interested in PMS 1.20.439 which I have compiled for you:
http://otmanix.de/english/2011/01/17/ps3-media-server-1-20-439/
Have a nice evening, Otmanix

Thanks to subjunk, choclateboy and otmanix for the great work!

I have a question though. What is the difference between this and the subjunk/community build?
ottoman1384

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds