Thumbnails on LG BD570

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Thumbnails on LG BD570

Postby murray-johnson » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm

I have an LG BD570 Blu Ray player with DLNA capabilities. I have it working with my MKV files on PS3 Media Server, but I cant get it to display the thumbnails (cover.png) of the videos. I see there are other players which are having issues with the same but when I try the fixes for the other brands, nothing seems to work. Has anyone been able to get thumbs to work on an LG device? Any help in this is greatly appreciated.
murray-johnson

Re: Thumbnails on LG BD570

Postby mazey » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:13 pm

i know that with my bravia 5500 thumbnails are not supported it might be the same in this case so nothing u do will make them show up cuz its not supported by the firmware.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby murray-johnson » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 pm

I have tried Wild Media Server, which does actually show thumbs on the BD570. However, it didn't stream files very well. So I know its possible, maybe nobody has figured it out yet. I'm still crossing my fingers that someone has the solution.
murray-johnson

Postby enigma69 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Did you create a new config to get the BD570 to work with PS3 Media server, for mine it
Detects the servers
lets me navigate the folders I have and select a video file, most of my files are mkv (h.264)(AC3 or DTS)
but the video never starts, after a few minutes it just errors out.
enigma69

Postby garyb » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

murray-johnson wrote:Has anyone been able to get thumbs to work on an LG device? Any help in this is greatly appreciated.

Thumbnails work perfect on the LG BD570 when using ps3 media server just do the following.

Example...

Movie: Battle Los Angeles
Image: Battle Los Angeles.mkv.cover - just remember to rename the file extensions/type when adding the image. mkv, avi etc...

Then just hide the image in windows.

enigma69 wrote:Did you create a new config to get the BD570 to work with PS3 Media server, for mine it
Detects the servers
lets me navigate the folders I have and select a video file, most of my files are mkv (h.264)(AC3 or DTS)
but the video never starts, after a few minutes it just errors out.

All mkv movies will work on the LGBD570 if they dont then there are 2 things you can do.

Download the latest version of mkvtoolnix 5.0.1.

Then you want to use the program to remove the header compression from the MKV movie then start muxing this will take about 1 minute.(not all need this done but if they aren't working then this will fix it)

Also when using the LG BD570 you might notice on some MKV movies it wants to transcode the movie now you dont need this and it wont work on the BD570 anyway.

Open ps3 media server.

Goto transcoding setting.

Now look for skip transcoding for the following extensions and add mkv

Now all your MKV files will play if you have done the above.

I no this is a old topic and has maybe been solved. Just thought i would post how i done it on the LG BD570 so it might help someone out with the same problems.
garyb

Postby cozzer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 am

Ok I'm bringing this post to the top after I saw the BX580 comment. I recently purchased this player, I'm happy with it so far don't get me wrong, but I'll be damned if I know how to get movies to display thumbnails - all I get is the filename and folder icon, can anyone advise?
cozzer

Postby cozzer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 am

friendly bump :)
cozzer

Return to Alternative Media Renderers