Refactor and Fork

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Refactor and Fork

Postby RaulDuke » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:37 pm

I was thinking about taking the existing code, integrating in some patches and doing a complete redactor of the code to jump start development. Any suggestions or comments?
RaulDuke

Re: Refactor and Fork

Postby meskibob » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Ummm.... I don't think it is necessary anymore seeing as two new committers were recently added and there have been 8 subsequent updates to the source code within the past 2 days - http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/source/list
And even if this wasn't the case, it'd be cleaner to add to the existing unofficial builds (which hopefully won't be needed any more) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8883 & viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7844
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby shagrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Agreed with meskibob but to be fair, the project is GPL and anyone is free to tinker with it :)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby RaulDuke » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks for the update. I hacked around with the code since the beginning of December and did not notice the new updates. My mistake. I am happy to hear this is back in development.

My intent was to change some of the structure of the code. Its not well commented in some of the critical parts (something that normally goes by the wayside when you are trying to get some thing to work). In addition classes like PMD and and the RequestV2 could be broken up into pieces that are easier to maintain and extend.

I am here if you need any help and I intend on submitting patches to fix some of the bugs.
RaulDuke

Return to Developers