strange behavior

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

strange behavior

Postby jaxc » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:13 am

When transcoding a DVD .iso from my PC (intel Core Duo 8400 @ 3 Ghz with ATI 4850) al goes fine and the avarage bitrate on my PS 3 is ~5Mbps, peeks @ 10Mbps

when using another PC (AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4000 @2.11 Ghz with NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT) the bitrate goes up to ~50 Mbps :?: :?: :?:

Al visable settings (in PMS+codecpack settings) are thesame, and both programs and codecs installed are all of thesame versions. What can (i been doing) be wrong??

thnx a confused, but happy PMS user
jaxc

Re: strange behavior

Postby meskibob » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:41 pm

The 3GHz can actually keep up with the transcode. The 2.11GHz can't so when the stream starts to stutter the PS3 starts displaying rediculous bitrates.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby jaxc » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:48 pm

So you actualy need a super computer to do some serious encoding? :o ? Isn't it possible to use the GPU (video card) for the encoding somehow?
jaxc

Postby meskibob » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:46 pm

jaxc wrote:So you actualy need a super computer to do some serious encoding? :o ? Isn't it possible to use the GPU (video card) for the encoding somehow?

Depending on the material you're trying to transcode, yes, you can can need some super specs to properly transcode. If you want GPU support, you'll need to use Avisynth, buy CoreAVC professional, and use the CUDA option in CoreAVC.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support