Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Postby SIDECAR12 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Well Dj,
you can put this samsung in your list "UE40C5100UW "THE CONFIG WORKS FINE for sharing files.

But i have some question for the guru.
It's not possible share with samsung internet contents ?
I need more information about transcode (for me for all samsung TV doesn't work!) like a little sample to try and so on

For the rest the Program works great.

Bye Djfred

N.b.
I have in this period (christmas holiday) a little time to spent for our Samsung TV so Hurry Up!!!
Sidecar12
SIDECAR12

Postby djfred » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm

@elnino
Try this as ur search string
SEC_HHP_TV-55C8000/1.0

I have had you problem before what I did was quit out of psm and reset my modem/router.
Then I got my string.
Running on Samsung UN60C6300

Do you have a Samsung TV that has Allshare, Click here to find out how to make PS3 Server work with your TV. http://goo.gl/8hUlM

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Postby djfred » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey
My tv doesn't have internet content so I wont be able to answer that part.
But the sample you gave last time only had audio playback issues.

Im on vacation now until Thursday when I get back. That's when ill try to tacle the audio portion of the file you gave me.

Also cani get more info on what program u used to encode the file.

Thanks

SIDECAR12 wrote:Well Dj,
you can put this samsung in your list "UE40C5100UW "THE CONFIG WORKS FINE for sharing files.

But i have some question for the guru.
It's not possible share with samsung internet contents ?
I need more information about transcode (for me for all samsung TV doesn't work!) like a little sample to try and so on

For the rest the Program works great.

Bye Djfred

N.b.
I have in this period (christmas holiday) a little time to spent for our Samsung TV so Hurry Up!!!
Sidecar12

Do you have a Samsung TV that has Allshare, Click here to find out how to make PS3 Server work with your TV. http://goo.gl/8hUlM

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Postby cr33p420 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:17 pm

So I have a LN46C600 (http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/LN4 ... A-features) which supports AllShare. However when I browse to my PS3 Media Server from the TV it shows the first level directories (like moves, music, etc), however when I go to a sub-level which would have some movies or something, it says Media Share has an error and goes back to the main menu. I don't see any errors.

I've tried what this thread says and can't get the UserAgent to show up in my trace tab. I've reset the network, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
cr33p420

Postby djfred » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:40 pm

@cr33p420

Try this for your search string.
SEC_HHP_TV-LN46C600/1.0

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Postby cr33p420 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:16 am

That seems like it should work but it's the same behavior. Basically I can connect to the media server running, but when I try to hit a shared folder it says "the request could not be completed. Media Share will return to the main menu" and it goes back to the start. On the PS3 you can see all the ISO images no problem and they all play without issue.
cr33p420

Postby djfred » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:54 am

@cr33p420
So when u navigate with the tv it kicks out errors but with the ps3 it works fine?

Can you exit out of psm. And Clear the debug.log file and launch psm and do what u normally do with the tv and then send me the debug file and your conf file in a PM.

Thanks.

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

Postby cr33p420 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:19 am

Done, thanks so much for your help, I'm probably just doing something dumb.

I did turn off the windows firewall just to be sure.

EDIT: I think I might be on too early a version - getting the most recent one. Like I said above.... Will let you guys know if it works after the DL finishes.
cr33p420

Postby cr33p420 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:53 am

Well I got it to work better with 1.2, I can get to where I see the movies and I try to load the MEncoder format like I do on the PS3, it says unrecognized file format.

Is there a general write up somewhere for how to get this stuff to work so I don't have to bother you? It turns out the UserAgent is: SEC_HHP_TV-46C600/1.0

It does say at the bottom "Serving Title 1: [MEncoder][Container: iso][video: mpeg2video]"
cr33p420

Postby djfred » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:15 am

When you said ur loading the mencoder format are u talking about in the transcoding folder.

Have you tried one level up from transcoding to see what u get.

PSM Server Rocks.
djfred

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers