Plugin List

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Plugin List

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm

This is a list of all PMS plugins i.e. jar files that can be placed in the plugins directory to enhance and extend PMS. (Third-party tools and mods can be found in the FAQ and elsewhere in this subforum.) Thanks to otmanix for creating the original list of additional software.

If you have developed a plugin or know of a plugin that isn't listed, please post and I'll add it to the list. Likewise, if you know of a plugin that no longer works with the latest stable version of PMS (on the plugin's supported platforms), please let me know.

1. Banshee - integration with the Banshee music database (discussion)
  2. GSPMS - search and stream tracks and playlists from Grooveshark (discussion)
  3. iTunes Library - exposes the iTunes library to PMS via the iTunes Library (XML) file
  4. Jumpy - access content from XBMC addons and/or write PMS plugins in Python (discussion)
  5. MarkAsViewed - updates the last-modified time of viewed videos to allow them to easily be sorted and distinguished from unviewed files.
  6. MediaMonkey - integration with the MediaMonkey music database (Windows only) (discussion)
  7. MediathekBridge - works in conjunction with MediathekView to stream German TV channels (discussion)
  8. MySQLplaylist - create dynamic music playlists and make the system smarter by tagging your collection
  9. MythTV Live - stream MythTV live streams to PMS (discussion)
  10. OSX Smart Folder - browse and stream content from Mac OS X Smart Folders (Mac OS X only)
  11. Rhythmbox - integration with the Rhythmbox music database (non-Windows) (discussion)
  12. RTVE Alacarta - stream TV shows from the A la Carta site (Spanish) (discussion)
  13. SmugMug - interface to the SmugMug photo hosting service (discussion)
  14. SoundCloud4PS3 - browse and listen to music on SoundCloud (discussion)
  15. Subsonic - browse music shared via (discussion)
  16. Uitzending Gemist - view videos available on the (Dutch) TV catchup service, Uitzending Gemist (discussion)
  17. VDR - stream audio/video from the Linux VDR (Video Disk Recorder) personal video recorder (discussion)
  18. XBMC - exposes the XBMC media library to PMS (discussion)

1. EDL - per-file/directory edit decision lists with MEncoder (discussion)
  2. PMSEncoder - enhanced web video streaming/scraping with GreaseMonkey-style userscripts (discussion)

1. CCML - organise and browse files by tags in custom metadata files (discussion)
  2. Movie Info - integration with movie sites such as IMDb (discussion)

SIte Integration

1. - scrobbling support (discussion)

Tools and Utilities

1. Debug Packer - provides an easy way to provide log and config files for issue reports (discussion)
  2. Shutdown - allows the server PC to be shut down from the renderer (Windows and Linux only) (discussion)
  3. WebInterface - allows PMS to be configured via a web interface (discussion)

1. Parental Control - password-protect access to restricted content (discussion) - unmaintained, depends on a custom PMS build
  2. Channel - provides support for a selection of video sites and feeds (discussion) - no longer compatible with PMS
Last edited by taconaut on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:11 am, edited 23 times in total.
Reason: Updated link for MySQLplaylist
Project Member

Re: Plugin List

Postby Kreig415 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:47 am

Last edited by Kreig415 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SharkHunter » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:35 am

Good idea chocolateboy! I must just warn people before they run to github to try and use my crappy code there. It simply doesn't work and I have been stuck in other projects so I have not have the time to update the code at github. How come it is so hard to this on your own private project but so easy at work?

Postby dummy_user » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am

is taconaut again

Postby brotherjohn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Great idea and great job. Thank you.

Postby SilentException » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi, perhaps add new section "Additions" and put viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5641.

It's not plugin per se but very useful! :)

Postby chocolateboy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:25 am

SilentException wrote:Hi, perhaps add new section "Additions" and put viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5641.

It's not plugin per se but very useful! :)

Go for it!

It doesn't belong in this thread, which, as I said, is just for plugins, but feel free to create a new thread for third-party tools and addons (start with otmanix's list). :-)
Project Member

Postby grolschie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Perhaps this thread should be sticky?

Postby Raptor399 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:35 am

Perhaps this thread should not be sticky, but its info copied to "documentation/plugins.html" in the standard PMS source?
Project Member

Postby bmgatl » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:32 am

Where is the PlugIn directory on a Mac OSX system?
I have searched high and low.. both on onthe system.. application package contents.. on google.. in these FAQs.. most of it is about the PC version.. which is easy to find a plugin directory..

Return to Additions and Plugins