3D FULL SBS mkv's

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: 3D FULL SBS mkv's

Postby strongbow » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:39 am

Not sure what is going. Followed instructions. Maybe you can summarize all your settings or take a screenshot. Certain work others dont. Thanks for the response.
strongbow

Postby strongbow » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:46 am

Noticed that files that have DTS in them wont play. Mencoder and Tsmuxer only work for files that are just AC3. Avisynth/Mencoder always gives a "Corrupt data error" regardless of DTS or AC3. What am I missing.
strongbow

Postby strongbow » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:58 am

Has to be a sound issue. HOw are your PS3 hooked up to your tv. I have HDMI cable going to TV and Optical cable connected to a receiver.
strongbow

Postby strongbow » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:50 am

Sorry to keep posting, but I am learning things that could help others. In general transcode settings I UNTICKED everything related to sound. Now most are playing but are not passing DTS signal. Dolby digital is only being sent. Also, TSMUXER is the only thing that works. AVISYNTH/MENCODER does not for me. I downloaded new MENCODER/MPLAYER files and switched them out as suggested above. I downloaded AVISYNTH 2.58 from the link above. Everytime I use AVISYNTH/MENCODER i get a corrupt data error. I still need to figure this out though because some files still Skip with TSMUXER. Mencoder seems to work with some files.

I have PS3 connected wired through 100mb lan. Going to be switching to Gigabit shortly. I am streaming from a MediaSmart WHS with upgraded processor and memory.

Getting closer!!! Just need to figure out why AVISYNTH/MENCODER option keeps giving a Corrupt File Error. *SIGH*
strongbow

Postby ps3slimhardcoregamer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:30 pm

3D 1080p SBS videos still suck cause they get squashed with a 2D as comparison.

Not a good way of watching 3D.

I myself don't even care about watching/playing in 3D at all. Only people with 3DTV's are.
ps3slimhardcoregamer

Postby strongbow » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Made some good progress!!! Not completely out of the woods yet, but was able to get things to work better. Now the only issue I have is any MKV files with a DTS audio stream in it, stutters after a bit. However, AVISYNTH/MENCODER WORK!!

Hopefully, what I learned can help someone. Here is what I did:

1)Downloaded K-lite Mega Codec. Installed it.
2)Downloaded AVISYNTH 2.57. Installed it.
3)Downloaded VSFILTER. Copied into AVISYNTH PLUGIN folder.
4) Followed the instructions in the following thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7894

Now all files work and I get no "The Data is Corrupted" errors when using AVISYNTH/MENCODER. My only issue now is that I do get some stuttering only with files that have DTS stream in them. AC3 seems to work ok. When I hit PAUSE, right as it begins to stutter, hold the video in PAUSE for 5-10 seconds, hit PLAY the STUTTER goes away. I have a feeling it could be my LAN bandwith. I am going to upgrade to GIGABIT this week to see if it changes anything.

MY setup in case it matters is the following:
Panasonic 58VT25
Integra DTC-9.8 receiver
PS3 connected via HDMI directly to TV and via Optical to Integra
Server- HP Media Smart Server EX475 (Upgraded RAM 2gb, Upgrade Athlon Processer (SINGLE CORE))

My hope is the stuttering can be cured by playing with the options in PS3 Media Server or is cured by the GIGABIT LAN upgrade. If not, I fear it could mean a server Processor upgrade to an X2 Dual Core.

Thanks for all the information here! Very helpfu!
strongbow

Postby polorsport » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Any updates? I'm getting a Panny GT25 in a couple of days and have already downloaded plenty of Full SBS would like to hear of your progress.

strongbow wrote:Made some good progress!!! Not completely out of the woods yet, but was able to get things to work better. Now the only issue I have is any MKV files with a DTS audio stream in it, stutters after a bit. However, AVISYNTH/MENCODER WORK!!

Hopefully, what I learned can help someone. Here is what I did:

1)Downloaded K-lite Mega Codec. Installed it.
2)Downloaded AVISYNTH 2.57. Installed it.
3)Downloaded VSFILTER. Copied into AVISYNTH PLUGIN folder.
4) Followed the instructions in the following thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7894

Now all files work and I get no "The Data is Corrupted" errors when using AVISYNTH/MENCODER. My only issue now is that I do get some stuttering only with files that have DTS stream in them. AC3 seems to work ok. When I hit PAUSE, right as it begins to stutter, hold the video in PAUSE for 5-10 seconds, hit PLAY the STUTTER goes away. I have a feeling it could be my LAN bandwith. I am going to upgrade to GIGABIT this week to see if it changes anything.

MY setup in case it matters is the following:
Panasonic 58VT25
Integra DTC-9.8 receiver
PS3 connected via HDMI directly to TV and via Optical to Integra
Server- HP Media Smart Server EX475 (Upgraded RAM 2gb, Upgrade Athlon Processer (SINGLE CORE))

My hope is the stuttering can be cured by playing with the options in PS3 Media Server or is cured by the GIGABIT LAN upgrade. If not, I fear it could mean a server Processor upgrade to an X2 Dual Core.

Thanks for all the information here! Very helpfu!
polorsport

Postby Lucarn » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Can diplay sbs mkv on my Bravia by wireless connection, but i can't get to the SBS function to force it.
What i have to do?
Lucarn

Postby cabracabra » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:55 pm

Lucarn wrote:Can diplay sbs mkv on my Bravia by wireless connection, but i can't get to the SBS function to force it.
What i have to do?

I have the same problem with my 40nx710, it's impossible to set 3d sbs setting when I play 3d mkv, I think that tv doesn't recognize 3d video and so that setting remains disable.
cabracabra

Postby artest » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 pm

same here, couldn't force SBS format when trying to play downloaded 3d movies thru PSM.
artest

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support