PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby st.louey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:20 am

mazey wrote:yeah im using a bravia 5500 its slow, i wish it would list the files as fast as the ps3 does, i even tried enabling the #Better/faster codec detection method ! true to enable it
#Need testing ! MediaInfo=false to true but has no effect. its basically not using the media library/cache thing at all thats the problem, havent seen a fix but if anyone knows of one or finds one please let us know.

Thanks for the confirmation mazey. I am using an EX700 for interest sakes. SubJunk just to let you know there is no issues with the PS3 as you mentioned instant display, just an issue for Bravia TVs.

If i was a programmer would love to help you and the community out.

Thanks for your help guys. ;)
st.louey

Postby mazey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 am

ohh before i forget is it possible to get the default icon to show up for mp3s (audio folder) also. i cant remember if it used to work. doesnt show on both ps3 or bravia.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 Dual 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby Ingo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:53 am

SubJunk wrote:Can you download some past versions of MediaInfo and test them so we can see when the problem starts? You can get them from here (just giving the link to make it easier, even though I'm sure you would find it no problem) :)

I did as suggested (tried all versions between 27 and 37), and the error seems to be with mediainfo.dll version >0.7.35.0.
Ingo

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:47 am

mazey wrote:community build has too much custom crap in it

Flak wrote:I have tons of little problems with it

SubJunk wrote:I tried using that build twice and had problems both times

devildog93 wrote:way to unstable for my liking

And did any of you report these issues? The whole point of the community beta is for people to test it and provide feedback, not to make unhelpful remarks in unrelated threads.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby brotherjohn » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Gametrailer now works perfectly. Thanks.

Hey guys, please do not fight against each other.
It would be very nice and more productive if you all, shagrath, chocolateboy, lightglitch, SubJunk and other developers will consolidate the beta versions to one beta version or much better to one official release and then worked together on this release to get a stable and powerful application. PLEASE !
brotherjohn

Postby SubJunk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:09 pm

brotherjohn wrote:Gametrailer now works perfectly. Thanks.
Awesome, thanks for letting me know :D

brotherjohn wrote:Hey guys, please do not fight against each other.
I agree, we can all be friends :)

mazey wrote:ohh before i forget is it possible to get the default icon to show up for mp3s (audio folder) also. i cant remember if it used to work. doesnt show on both ps3 or bravia.
It's not in the official build, but it's a good idea. I will see if I can do it :)

Ingo wrote:I did as suggested (tried all versions between 27 and 37), and the error seems to be with mediainfo.dll version >0.7.35.0.
Great, thanks for checking! :) I will rollback to 0.7.35.0 in the next release
SubJunk

Postby jpagie » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:23 pm

I agree, we can all be friends :)

Agree with that. Think we're all here to show our appreciation to you guys (helping) developping a more stable, faster and complete build which does everything we want (like) it to do.
Let's not forget that it is not a obviously thing that some people spend so much time in it (!)
Cheers guys :)

@ SubJunk:
I can't keep up with all the changes and new configs etcetera. I'm not that technical wonder like some 8-) so can only stated my wish that i will love a complete (including configs?) downloadable build, when a thing (or more) is changed.
Don't know if I translate my thought the right way at the moment 'cause .. it is still sunday and drunk a couple of nice blended vodka's :D ghehe

So to close my contribution I say CHEERS to all of you, keep up the good work and hopefully I can still manage to download a complete exe file later on tonight :lol:

JP
Connection: PC 1GB Full Duplex ethernet -> Konig 1GB Switch -> PS3 1GB Full Duplex
PMS SubJunk build SB20 / JAVA 6 update 23 / Windows 7 64 bit
4,00 GB dual channel RAM / HDD 1.5TB + 2x 500GB Samsung
Intel Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
jpagie

Postby WorldOfHurt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:13 pm

I don't want to get into the debate about whose build is better than whose, but I would wholheartedly second more people getting into the official committers team. SubJunk is keen and able, so he (she?) definitely fits the bill.

OpenSource withers and dies without continual improvement, and SubJunk is among that dedicate band of brothers trying to do just that with PMS.

@Shagrath: come on - get some help, you won't regret it. You know it's the right thing to do :)
WorldOfHurt

Postby ExSport » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:25 am

Thanks SubJunk for SVN :mrgreen:
To other posts...I asked to continue with community build OR with OFFICIAL BUILD so if someone don't like community build, it can be used with official one and for it it is needed to make public code(SVN or .patch file)
More developers, more features, better stability ===> greater PMS ... this was my goal ;)
Also better to make report about bugs to community build in own thread and not here so it can be tracked and fixed tere. Without tests, reported bugs, nobody can't fix it ;) And community build includes some cool features so it is worth of it.
Also I wanted to see .PATCH files because sometimes it is very hard to imagine what your changes want to say, what does it mean 8-)
In code sometimes is more clear what was changed, what was added than from changelog.
Keep up good work! Now everybody can check your changes and maybe it will help you to find any bugs with others...but for it it is maybe better to make .PATCH file against latest official build than big SVN site. Patch file is more clear because only changes are visible :)
Many thanks
ExSport

Postby mazey » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 am

ExSport wrote:Thanks SubJunk for SVN :mrgreen:
To other posts...I asked to continue with community build OR with OFFICIAL BUILD so if someone don't like community build, it can be used with official one and for it it is needed to make public code(SVN or .patch file)
More developers, more features, better stability ===> greater PMS ... this was my goal ;)
Also better to make report about bugs to community build in own thread and not here so it can be tracked and fixed tere. Without tests, reported bugs, nobody can't fix it ;) And community build includes some cool features so it is worth of it.
Also I wanted to see .PATCH files because sometimes it is very hard to imagine what your changes want to say, what does it mean 8-)
In code sometimes is more clear what was changed, what was added than from changelog.
Keep up good work! Now everybody can check your changes and maybe it will help you to find any bugs with others...but for it it is maybe better to make .PATCH file against latest official build than big SVN site. Patch file is more clear because only changes are visible :)
Many thanks

or even a googlecode page it has everything. we could report bugs on that.. though personally i still prefer doing it forum style.. i always have a feeling tickets never get checked lol
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 Dual 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds