PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby maugus » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 am

brotherjohn wrote:That sounds all trusty and hopefully for me and I think SubJunk could keep this project alive and he has the knowledge and the motivation (this is shown in the short reaction time of his bug fixing) to bring this project forward.

@Shagrath: I hope instantly that SubJunk becomes a developer of the official PS3 Media server built. YES, HE CAN! I vote for him. :D


I second that, but hoping for a OSX build. Thank you !
maugus
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SubJunk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:50 am

Thanks for the support guys.
I've uploaded a new version too, let me know how it goes :)
SubJunk
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby Ingo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:25 am

With the SubJunk builds I can't use my MP3 files anymore - when accessing an MP3 folder, PMS SB crashes with DLNA error 2101, and it throws a JAVA error:

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x772f3f44, pid=11616, tid=11476
# JRE version: 6.0_22-b04
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (17.1-b03 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [ntdll.dll+0x23f44]

This does not happen with the latest Community Build.

I just tried with the new SB5, but it also happened with SB3 and SB4. If necessary, I can provide the complete error log.

And - thanks btw for your efforts!
Ingo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:01 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby mazey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 am

SubJunk wrote:Thanks for the support guys.
I've uploaded a new version too, let me know how it goes :)


hey u got rid of the Image icon on the left of all the files if u dont have thumbnails enabled, those unused gif's you removed are needed by people who dont have thumbnail support like me cuz i use a bravia 5500 to stream most my stuff, also the ps3 uses em also when u have thumbnails off, any chance we can get them back. its real ugly with nothing there.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SubJunk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:30 am

There's a new build available in the first post

Ingo wrote:With the SubJunk builds I can't use my MP3 files anymore - when accessing an MP3 folder, PMS SB crashes with DLNA error 2101, and it throws a JAVA error:

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x772f3f44, pid=11616, tid=11476
# JRE version: 6.0_22-b04
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (17.1-b03 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [ntdll.dll+0x23f44]

This does not happen with the latest Community Build.

I just tried with the new SB5, but it also happened with SB3 and SB4. If necessary, I can provide the complete error log.

And - thanks btw for your efforts!
I just checked and mp3s are working perfectly for me. Could you check with my earliest release, which is here? That way we can hopefully narrow down when the problem started.
Also, can you see if it happens with the official 1.20.412 release?

mazey wrote:hey u got rid of the Image icon on the left of all the files if u dont have thumbnails enabled, those unused gif's you removed are needed by people who dont have thumbnail support like me cuz i use a bravia 5500 to stream most my stuff, also the ps3 uses em also when u have thumbnails off, any chance we can get them back. its real ugly with nothing there.
Sure, no problem. I didn't like the old icon so in the new release I have replaced it with one I like better, hopefully you like it too :)
SubJunk
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby mazey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:01 am

yeah man i like it, thanks for that :) btw i also have no problems playing mp3s on both my bravia and ps3.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby Ingo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:33 am

Ok, did some brief tests.

SB1: No problems with mp3s.
SB2-6: Crashes.

Community build c13: No problems.
Offical 412: No problems.

My suspicion is mediainfo.dll. The PMS versions which are working fine use the older release 0.7.27.0, whereas >SB1 use 0.7.37.0.

...Back from another test - I copied the older mediainfo.dll to new new SB6 -> now it works again!

So the culprit should be the newer mediainfo.dll 0.7.37.0.

I even tried the latest developer version (MediaInfo_GUI_20101206), but got the same error.
Ingo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:01 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby st.louey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:03 am

Hey SubJubk,

Just signed up as i noticed you were on to say thanks for your efforts in continuing this application. I suppose there have been a lot people like myself that were hoping it did not die.

I have not tired your version out yet but will do so soon.

Just wanted to know from either yourself as you have experience with the code or any other bravia users if the loading of the titles is still slow on the TV or if there is anything that can be done to speed it up if it still is??

Am sure i tired another dlna server a while back and it was quick so i know its not because of the TV but that product was noting compared to this product.

Search through the forums and am not able to find anything other than others saying the same thing.

Once again thanks for your efforts.
st.louey
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SubJunk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:07 am

I've added a SVN server to the first post, which means that anyone can get the code for this build. Hopefully this helps, ExSport :)

mazey wrote:yeah man i like it, thanks for that :) btw i also have no problems playing mp3s on both my bravia and ps3.
Cool, thanks for the info. The MediaInfo plot thickens :)

Ingo wrote:Ok, did some brief tests.

SB1: No problems with mp3s.
SB2-6: Crashes.

Community build c13: No problems.
Offical 412: No problems.

My suspicion is mediainfo.dll. The PMS versions which are working fine use the older release 0.7.27.0, whereas >SB1 use 0.7.37.0.

...Back from another test - I copied the older mediainfo.dll to new new SB6 -> now it works again!

So the culprit should be the newer mediainfo.dll 0.7.37.0.

I even tried the latest developer version (MediaInfo_GUI_20101206), but got the same error.
Thanks for identifying that, it's a big help :)
Can you download some past versions of MediaInfo and test them so we can see when the problem starts? You can get them from here (just giving the link to make it easier, even though I'm sure you would find it no problem) :)

st.louey wrote:Hey SubJubk,

Just signed up as i noticed you were on to say thanks for your efforts in continuing this application. I suppose there have been a lot people like myself that were hoping it did not die.

I have not tired your version out yet but will do so soon.

Just wanted to know from either yourself as you have experience with the code or any other bravia users if the loading of the titles is still slow on the TV or if there is anything that can be done to speed it up if it still is??

Am sure i tired another dlna server a while back and it was quick so i know its not because of the TV but that product was noting compared to this product.

Search through the forums and am not able to find anything other than others saying the same thing.

Once again thanks for your efforts.
Thanks for the encouragement man, it means a lot :)
Title loading is almost instantaneous for me on PS3, not sure about Bravia. Hopefully another user can give you feedback on that :)
SubJunk
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby mazey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:08 am

st.louey wrote:Hey SubJubk,
Just wanted to know from either yourself as you have experience with the code or any other bravia users if the loading of the titles is still slow on the TV or if there is anything that can be done to speed it up if it still is??

Am sure i tired another dlna server a while back and it was quick so i know its not because of the TV but that product was noting compared to this product.


yeah im using a bravia 5500 its always been slow, i wish it would list the files as fast as the ps3 does, i even tried enabling the #Better/faster codec detection method ! true to enable it
#Need testing ! MediaInfo=false to true but has no effect. its basically not using the media library/cache thing at all thats the problem, havent seen a fix but if anyone knows of one or finds one please let us know.
Last edited by mazey on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests