PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby jpagie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:01 am

Hi Subjunk,

Maybe a stupid question, but do I need your customated PMS from viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8883#p40617 or http://www.spirton.com/category/ps3-media-server/ ?
Thanking you in advance,

JP
Connection: PC 1GB Full Duplex ethernet -> Konig 1GB Switch -> PS3 1GB Full Duplex
PMS SubJunk build SB20 / JAVA 6 update 23 / Windows 7 64 bit
4,00 GB dual channel RAM / HDD 1.5TB + 2x 500GB Samsung
Intel Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
User avatar
jpagie
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SubJunk » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:19 am

I've just released a new update (SB4) which adds some cool new features, you can download it from the first post. Hope you guys like it :)

jpagie wrote:Hi Subjunk,

Maybe a stupid question, but do I need your customated PMS from viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8883#p40617 or http://www.spirton.com/category/ps3-media-server/ ?
Thanking you in advance,

JP
Hi, it's not a stupid question :) I update them both at the same time, so you can use either :)

mazey wrote:ok sweet :) installed and tested u've fixed the problem, works great now.. thx
Awesome, thanks for confirming it :)
SubJunk
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby jpagie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi, it's not a stupid question I update them both at the same time, so you can use either

When I posted this question both downloads had different filenames(.exe), that's why. Now I see you've made both identical :)
Thanks SubJunk! I will come back with my findings when I've tested it.

Greets, JP
Connection: PC 1GB Full Duplex ethernet -> Konig 1GB Switch -> PS3 1GB Full Duplex
PMS SubJunk build SB20 / JAVA 6 update 23 / Windows 7 64 bit
4,00 GB dual channel RAM / HDD 1.5TB + 2x 500GB Samsung
Intel Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
User avatar
jpagie
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby ExSport » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:36 pm

@SubJunk:
Nice try but I don't understand why you didn't continue with the community build or why you will not publish patches so everyone can see what changes you made and if it is worth enough to implement it to official versions?
Now it seems like untrusted build when only you know what have been changed/added(feature/trojan etc...). 8-)
Thanks for your work but better will be when all changes(useful ones) should be included in official or community builds and not to create another custom build...in this case there will be many custom builds, mess of them and no one will all features/patches included.
Or upload patch here so if your changes will be useful it can be merged with two builds above in the future.
Thx
ExSport
 
Posts: 2167
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby mazey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:11 pm

ExSport wrote:@SubJunk:
Nice try but I don't understand why you didn't continue with the community build or why you will not publish patches so everyone can see what changes you made and if it is worth enough to implement it to official versions?
Now it seems like untrusted build when only you know what have been changed/added(feature/trojan etc...). 8-)
Thanks for your work but better will be when all changes(useful ones) should be included in official or community builds and not to create another custom build...in this case there will be many custom builds, mess of them and no one will all features/patches included.
Or upload patch here so if your changes will be useful it can be merged with two builds above in the future.
Thx


community build has too much custom crap in it, i never wanted it, i just wanted the mplayer etc builds updated and thats what this build offers. and as it says in his original post his done it for himself his just sharing so others can make use of it too. personally i only wanted the official build but this is good until development begins on it again.. community build hasnt even released anything since c31.. looks dead also. keep up the good work subjunk..
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby Flak » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 pm

ExSport wrote:@SubJunk:
Nice try but I don't understand why you didn't continue with the community build or why you will not publish patches so everyone can see what changes you made and if it is worth enough to implement it to official versions?
Now it seems like untrusted build when only you know what have been changed/added(feature/trojan etc...). 8-)
Thanks for your work but better will be when all changes(useful ones) should be included in official or community builds and not to create another custom build...in this case there will be many custom builds, mess of them and no one will all features/patches included.
Or upload patch here so if your changes will be useful it can be merged with two builds above in the future.
Thx


I also have to say... The community build, well is a great idea, I have tons of little problems with it. The official PS3M seems to be on hiatus again. So I tried this build, and just want to say it works better then the official buidl for me without the ltitle problems I have with the community build.... More options can't be a bad thing? Win/win for me here....
Flak
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby jpagie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:27 pm

.... , and just want to say it works better then the official buidl for me without the ltitle problems I have with the community build.... More options can't be a bad thing? Win/win for me here....


Isn't THAT what makes SubJunk's effort and hard work makes it worth? :roll: I've read the negative approach of his work @ this new community build and honestly, it's pissing me off :twisted:

@ SubJunk KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and BLESS YOU FOR YOUR GOODWILLING HARDWORK!!!

JP 8-)
Connection: PC 1GB Full Duplex ethernet -> Konig 1GB Switch -> PS3 1GB Full Duplex
PMS SubJunk build SB20 / JAVA 6 update 23 / Windows 7 64 bit
4,00 GB dual channel RAM / HDD 1.5TB + 2x 500GB Samsung
Intel Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
User avatar
jpagie
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby brotherjohn » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:18 pm

I tested the new version and you fixed it. It now plays dvr-ms-files without any problem. Thank you, SubJunk.

But one issue I still have. The Gametrailers-Videos didn't work anymore. I only get an 13 digit folder and when I opened it it says "No element can be found/displayed".
Could you please check it or is it a issue about pmsencoder? Then perhaps chocolateboy can take a look at it?

Thank you, both. GREAT WORK!

I just have seen another thing. When I checked the properties of mplayer or mencoder file in folder win32, it still shows the version 30369 under details.
I thought you updated these files to the new versions 32674 or should I overwrite them with the new versions?
brotherjohn
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:13 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SubJunk » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:50 pm

jpagie wrote:
Hi, it's not a stupid question I update them both at the same time, so you can use either

When I posted this question both downloads had different filenames(.exe), that's why. Now I see you've made both identical :)
Thanks SubJunk! I will come back with my findings when I've tested it.

Greets, JP
Ah I see, yeah I forgot to update the blog one time. My bad :p

ExSport wrote:@SubJunk:
Nice try but I don't understand why you didn't continue with the community build or why you will not publish patches so everyone can see what changes you made and if it is worth enough to implement it to official versions?
I'm waiting for a reply from Shagrath about whether I can commit to the official version or not. I would much rather contribute to that than release this build, but I will do this in the meantime.

ExSport wrote:Now it seems like untrusted build when only you know what have been changed/added(feature/trojan etc...). 8-)
Thanks for your work but better will be when all changes(useful ones) should be included in official or community builds and not to create another custom build...in this case there will be many custom builds, mess of them and no one will all features/patches included.
Or upload patch here so if your changes will be useful it can be merged with two builds above in the future.
Thx
I appreciate your post and see your points.
The fact is that this is just a build I made for myself for months and didn't plan to release it until after I had started making it.

I haven't contributed to the community build because I don't think the patches that are used in that are all stable. I tried using that build twice and had problems both times.
Maybe it is perfect now and I appreciate your work on it but I feel better about being more cautious about updates.

I'm happy to provide the code for any of my changes on request. I'm not being secretive, I just don't want to go to the effort of changing lots of things every time I change some code.
Maybe I can make a public SVN repo for it, in fact I think I will do that, but in the meantime feel free to request code for features you want to include in the community build.

mazey wrote:community build has too much custom crap in it, i never wanted it, i just wanted the mplayer etc builds updated and thats what this build offers. and as it says in his original post his done it for himself his just sharing so others can make use of it too. personally i only wanted the official build but this is good until development begins on it again.. community build hasnt even released anything since c31.. looks dead also. keep up the good work subjunk..
Thanks for the support mazey. I agree that we should only have to update to the official build, I don't like having all the different builds, and I am trying to become an official developer so I can help get that project moving again :)

Flak wrote:I also have to say... The community build, well is a great idea, I have tons of little problems with it. The official PS3M seems to be on hiatus again. So I tried this build, and just want to say it works better then the official buidl for me without the ltitle problems I have with the community build.... More options can't be a bad thing? Win/win for me here....
Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it :D

jpagie wrote:Isn't THAT what makes SubJunk's effort and hard work makes it worth? :roll: I've read the negative approach of his work @ this new community build and honestly, it's pissing me off :twisted:

@ SubJunk KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and BLESS YOU FOR YOUR GOODWILLING HARDWORK!!!

JP 8-)
Thanks a lot for the support :) I think ExSport is trying to be helpful to the community too, I didn't think he was being too negative :) Bless you too

brotherjohn wrote:I tested the new version and you fixed it. It now plays dvr-ms-files without any problem. Thank you, SubJunk.
Great!

brotherjohn wrote:But one issue I still have. The Gametrailers-Videos didn't work anymore. I only get an 13 digit folder and when I opened it it says "No element can be found/displayed".
Could you please check it or is it a issue about pmsencoder? Then perhaps chocolateboy can take a look at it?
I think there is a patch to fix that, I will try it in the next release for you

brotherjohn wrote:Thank you, both. GREAT WORK!
Thanks a lot for the support and feedback, it is very valuable since I can't test some things myself

brotherjohn wrote:I just have seen another thing. When I checked the properties of mplayer or mencoder file in folder win32, it still shows the version 30369 under details.
I thought you updated these files to the new versions 32674 or should I overwrite them with the new versions?
Oh you're right, that was silly of me.
To clarify, mplayer should be 32674, and mencoder should be 30369. The only changes to mencoder are that I am using the P4 builds instead of RTM, and I am using the fonts for 32674.
So everything is 32674 except the mencoder executables, for subtitle support. That information is also in builds.txt which I have kept updated.
I will fix the mplayer version in the next release, thanks for noticing that.
SubJunk
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby brotherjohn » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:45 am

That sounds all trusty and hopefully for me and I think SubJunk could keep this project alive and he has the knowledge and the motivation (this is shown in the short reaction time of his bug fixing) to bring this project forward.

@Shagrath: I hope instantly that SubJunk becomes a developer of the official PS3 Media server built. YES, HE CAN! I vote for him. :D
brotherjohn
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests