[Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby ejalmqvist » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 am

sorry maybe a stupid question. but cant find were i change the duplex setting on the ps3.
looked everywhere i the network folder.

/thx
ejalmqvist
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:00 am

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby Pierre » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 pm

Would like to know also, what ejalmqvist asked.
Pierre
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:59 am

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby meskibob » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 pm

You just need to manually set up the network connection in the PS3 settings instead of automatic, although you can still have the IP/subnet/DNS get auto populated.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob
Moderator
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby cultureshock » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Simply, can you be more specific? I spent all last night, an unfortunate truth, looking online for changing my PC's NIC or the PS3s NIC as when I set up my internet connection manually, typing everything in - I go no option for anything to do with duplex.
I swear on my life I have tried several times to go through it as i thought I was being stupid...
Basically I have gone to Network Connecitons and set it up through there - doing nothing automatic.
D:
Cheers for any help - as i think it might solve my other problems..
cultureshock
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby meskibob » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:01 pm

cultureshock wrote:Simply, can you be more specific? I spent all last night, an unfortunate truth, looking online for changing my PC's NIC or the PS3s NIC as when I set up my internet connection manually, typing everything in - I go no option for anything to do with duplex.
I swear on my life I have tried several times to go through it as i thought I was being stupid...
Basically I have gone to Network Connecitons and set it up through there - doing nothing automatic.
D:
Cheers for any help - as i think it might solve my other problems..

    Network Settings
    Internet Connection Settings
    Custom
    Connection Method: Wired
    Operation Mode: Manual Settings
    Speed and Duplex: Auto-Detect
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob
Moderator
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby azad_champ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:53 pm

meskibob wrote:
cultureshock wrote:Simply, can you be more specific? I spent all last night, an unfortunate truth, looking online for changing my PC's NIC or the PS3s NIC as when I set up my internet connection manually, typing everything in - I go no option for anything to do with duplex.
I swear on my life I have tried several times to go through it as i thought I was being stupid...
Basically I have gone to Network Connecitons and set it up through there - doing nothing automatic.
D:
Cheers for any help - as i think it might solve my other problems..

    Network Settings
    Internet Connection Settings
    Custom
    Connection Method: Wired
    Operation Mode: Manual Settings
    Speed and Duplex: Auto-Detect

Will this work on wireless connection aswell?
azad_champ
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby Pierre » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm

azad_champ wrote:
meskibob wrote:
cultureshock wrote:Simply, can you be more specific? I spent all last night, an unfortunate truth, looking online for changing my PC's NIC or the PS3s NIC as when I set up my internet connection manually, typing everything in - I go no option for anything to do with duplex.
I swear on my life I have tried several times to go through it as i thought I was being stupid...
Basically I have gone to Network Connecitons and set it up through there - doing nothing automatic.
D:
Cheers for any help - as i think it might solve my other problems..

    Network Settings
    Internet Connection Settings
    Custom
    Connection Method: Wired
    Operation Mode: Manual Settings
    Speed and Duplex: Auto-Detect

Will this work on wireless connection aswell?

I guess not, Duplux has nothing to do with wireless.
Pierre
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:59 am

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby cultureshock » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:41 am

Thankyou then, that was my problem, i'm wireless.
Thanks though :)
cultureshock
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Re: Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby thoren » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:50 pm

FireFox1337 wrote:Koncepts i would like to give you a BIG thank you i changed my settings on ps3 from 100 full duplex to auto fixed EVERYTHING!

i would reccomend putting this in the FAQ to save other new people head aches.

again thanks sooooooooo much bro.

this server is the bomb!@


The reason is "Duplex Mismatch" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplex_mismatch
To summarize : always put the same duplex settings on each peers of the network.
PMS : 1.40 with only TsMuxer engine enabled
OS/Hardware : Linux Ubuntu 10.04 on a "weak" but very useful "MSI Wind U100" netbook !
thoren
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Re: [Solved] Very Slow Streaming/Transcoding

Postby gorky » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Konceptz, what do you mean by: ''under network options in the PS3 make sure you set the duplex to auto'' ?
Where do I find that option? I didn't see it in PS3!
gorky
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests